“Lots of issues”

Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Dallas, Texas
“Lots of issues”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

My daughter requested a block of rooms here for her wedding last weekend. I was disturbed to find the online room rate to be lower than our negotiated block rate. When I asked the hotel to match the lower rate I found online, they would not. I am still mad about this, and I feel very taken advantage of. If you are negotiating a rate for a group stay at this hotel, be advised that you are quite possibly not getting much of a deal, and it might be a better idea to let everyone find their own best rates. The air conditioner in our room made such a loud noise, it was impossible to sit at the desk underneath the vent. Also, the light in the bathroom had a humming, vibrating noise that got louder the longer the light stayed on. Together, the humming in both rooms was maddening.
Also, our phones did not work at all. A maintenance engineer was sent to our room. He reset the phones, but they quit working again shortly after he left. My husband finally made the phone next to the bed work by unplugging the desk phone.
There are no refrigerators in the rooms. Seriously, even the Comfort Suites rooms have refrigerators. As an insulin-dependent diabetic, I had to bring a cooler from home to keep my extra insulin cool.
The charge for using wifi is absurd, so I didn't use it.
I figured the cost for a bacon and eggs type room service breakfast for two to be fifty to sixty dollars. The hotel adds 20% gratuity whether or not you like the service. We left the hotel for breakfast.
We had a handicapped room because my husband walks with crutches. The shower for the handicapped had NO SEAT, so my husband had to stand (painfully) to take a shower. There doesn't seem to be much, if any, exhaust from the bathroom, so after two people shower the humidity is significant. We went to the wedding with frizzy hair. Additionally, the shower curtain was several inches from the floor, so water ran out of the shower and all over the bathroom floor.
There is no respect for privacy. I left the "do not disturb" sign out because we dressed quickly for the wedding and left our things scattered all over the room, however the room was cleaned anyway. The drink machine down the hall was poorly stocked. I finally managed to get a bottle of water for $2.00.
Lastly, a note was in our room when we arrived that said the hotel wanted to do routine maintenance in our room for 2 hours while we were there. I don't think so. Do your maintenance ON YOUR OWN TIME, not when the room is occupied. You should NOT have asked this.
I will not EVER stay at this over-priced dump again.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend this hotel at all.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Momz T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I must be honest and say that we didn't pay for our night stay in this hotel.

The staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was a bit pricey and honestly not much above the Holiday Inn "free breakfast". I'd check out and go eat brunch somewhere close. We checked in at 3 on Saturday and we waited FOREVER in the street to try to get to valet. Overall, the one thing I noted is that there were dogs EVERYWHERE!!! Seriously, this is a very pet friendly hotel. I don't think we took an elevator ride without a dog. No barking, though. Comfy beds, GREAT pillows!! It's a good location and close to lots of attractions in Ft. Worth. If you aren't familiar w/Ft. Worth this would be a good central location. We walked to dinner and took a cab home - it was less than $10. Very central.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room - great views!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here last weekend for a wedding and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel sits right on the edge of Sundance Square and is a short walk from multiple bars, restaurants, shops, and other various attractions. If you're looking for a hotel to stay in that puts you near much of Fort Worth's better attractions, this would be the one. Hotel itself was very clean and the staff were attentive and friendly. Pricing was steeper than other places I've stayed in the area but the amenities are better than getting a room at the Holiday Inn Express, etc...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hinsdale, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

First class hotel in a first class location. We dined at the restaurant for breakfast and it was outstanding as well. The hotel is well kept and very clean. You just can't beat the location here. Ft. Worth has come a long way over the last 25 years, and this hotel continues to be an excellent reflection of this fine city. Location to local restaurants and shops in the Sundance Square area (walking distance) is also a big plus.

Here are my two minor criticisms:

1) As the previous review stated, there are no refrigerators standard in the rooms. It would certainly be a welcome addition for such a high quality hotel. Perhaps one should be asked if the refrigerator is needed when checking in (generally I would not have a problem if there is a small fee).

2) The basketball / tennis facility. This is offered on the rooftop and I think is a unique offering for a downtown hotel - a very nice thing to have. However, I think it's time they look at resurfacing. In addition, the basketball nets appear to be assembled incorrectly. The backboard tilts forward and this makes using them quite difficult. The Marriott maintenance staff should get this corrected.

Overall, our experience was great and I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers. We really enjoyed the second floor bar area and the bridge area that spans the street - a wonderful place to relax at the end of the day for a cocktail and have a great view of the city as well as the opportunity to watch some sporting events on larger screen TV's. During our visit they had a projection TV set up in the bar area that projected the Stanley Cup playoff games on the wall - it was bigger than life and quite enjoyable.

5 Stars for Fort Worth and and Worthington!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Treebrook
Larue, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

We love the Worthington; however, they have not kept up with other hotels as far as perks for staying. While most hotels provide complimentary wifi and refrigerators in room, the Worthington charges almost $13.00. Not a lot, but it's still a nice benefit when you have to stay on top of work while trying to enjoy the area. I also noticed that while the restaurant is excellent, the room service food quality was poor, especially for room service prices. We stay there at least a couple times a year;however, we may be trying some of the other local hotels for a change. For the price, I'm needing a little more than just being in downtown Fort Worth to bring me back.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are quieter because of the street noise, especially on the weekends. If you love to...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple