All reviews carriage house tejas room local artists magnolia ave claw foot tub b and b private sauna walking distance to numerous restaurants june wedding bath salts bridal shower quiet neighborhood breakfast was delicious true texas hospitality every amenity arts district next morning
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I love a Bed and Breakfast, but, this one was a bit of a disappointment. The location is a bit sketchy, and the decor is extremely dated. The staff was kind and helpful. The food was okay, but not great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LauraDockery
Cindy L, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

I am not quite sure how to reply to this review. I am sorry that you feel disappointed in your stay. We would have loved to have spoken to you about anything we could do better. I am glad that the staff met your expectations. We have a 100+ year old home that is very recently updated to reflect current, local artists in the gallery space downstairs as well as the rooms. I guess we have a difference of opinion on "dated," as we consider our b&b to be eclectic and stylish, and have many reviews that describe our rooms and home in those terms. I always advise guests to check out b&b's online to make sure it is a fit for what they are looking for. We all have our own way of doing things, including my farm to table breakfasts that tend to be more Southwest and savory in nature. I do have to say that I feel your review is for another facility, in that it is not consistent in any other review we have ever received in the past 4 years, since we took over the b&b!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

I stayed back in March as a solo traveller. Both Mindy and Cindy were fabulous! Room was impeccable with loads of character (I was in the Tejas room), breakfasts were delicious and filling and the location was good.
It's not in the centre of Fort Worth, but I walked from the B&B to the zoo and botanic gardens, there are restaurants a block walk away, and also a bus stop which was handy and the bus service was easy to work out - I used it a fair bit.
Lastly, thanks to Cindy who helped me enormously by arranging another way to the airport when my transfer was a no show (P.S. avoid the super shuttle at all costs). You guys went above and beyond (sorry I didn't get a chance to write a review earlier).
I would highly recommend this place to stay, and with the range of rooms I found you could find something to suit your budget, or even have a bit of a splurge.
Kate

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Cindy L, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you, Kate. We feel that sometimes we get to know our guests and want to help them out as if they were family! I am so glad you made it to the airport on time, and that you had a good experience in our town! Hope to see you back this way!

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Nice facility, friendly staff, pretty grounds; all in the heart of Ft. Worth. Cost is about the same as a downtown chain hotel, but the experience is soooo much better. Walking distance to numerous restaurants (Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken is a must!) and great off the street parking. We'll definitely go back!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Cindy L, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

We are glad you had a nice experience, and were able to enjoy our wonderful city! Sometimes we are asked the differences in a hotel and b&b...even though we are about the same price as some, and much less than others downtown... we include a nice breakfast, parking, snacks, weekend happy hour, water, wifi...at no charge. I always like to add the art collection as an added value to our b&b!!!

Hope to see you soon, there are new restaurants popping up along Magnolia Ave, monthly!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I loved it here! I stayed May 9th for two nights. We were in the carriage room on the upper floor of the carriage house. The room was amazing. It had a gorgeous bed, private sauna, walk in closet area and a jacuzzi bath with shower head. The breakfast was great and the staff member was really friendly and inviting. This beats 5 star hotels that I have stayed in! Definitely visit again!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Cindy L, Owner at Texas White House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

So...we love it when our guests realize that we are a much better deal than the expensive hotels downtown! Not only do we include a nice breakfast, but we have no valet parking fee either! ...Then there is the fact that we feel we are a nicer place to stay! Whether the guests choose to interact with us (owner and employees), or have a totally secluded stay, we are good with whatever makes them comfortable! I love the treehouse suite for all the reasons you mentioned, glad you had a nice stay, we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I stayed in 3 different rooms-2 Victorian style bedrooms with claw foot tubs upstairs in the Queen Anne house and 1 in the bunkhouse out back-Yee Ha western style. All the beds were great and decor soothing to someone tired of hotel rooms. The host and hostess were great too and served the best breakfast on fine china!!! Close to a hospital, cultural district museums and downtown dining!!!

Room Tip: some full beds, mostly king beds...all comfy & adorable-I acutally stayed in 2007
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank sitaris22

We have 5 rooms total, one is a 2-room suite...sounds like you need to come back to stay in the ones you missed! We are glad you enjoyed your extended stay. When people have to be away from home for long periods of time, we get to know them like friends! I am glad you enjoyed our amenities of silver, china, nice breakfasts, and even the relaxing grounds....all can be such a comfort when traveling! Look us up when you are back in Fort Worth!