“Down Home Cookin'”

West Side Cafe
Ranked #25 of 1,858 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 August 2018

An auto salesman, of all things, took us to this place and we were pleasantly surprised. Small, casual, sometimes crowded (sig. popular!), very reasonable prices and also very good. Service was quick and very friendly...apparently lots of friends and neighbors go here (I was reminded of Cheers!) We went back several weeks later and were very pleased again. Definitely recommend trying this little place. We'll be back!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We ate lunch there yesterday at the recommendation from a stranger. Weren’t disappointed. Service good. Food home style and good. Property old but very clean. Prices great!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Typical "greasy spoon" (which I tend to enjoy) atmosphere - not fancy, well worn with many old-timer regulars. Very basic breakfast menu - nothing fancy. Senior citizen waitress, Wanda, pleasant and helpful. Ordered scrambled eggs with smoked sausage and biscuits and gravy. Moderate amount of food. Eggs somewhat overcooked, kielbasa type sausage ok, biscuit seemed like one from a Pillsbury dough container. All very average and not a good value for $9 (including my cup of coffee). Many other better choices.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Went here with a group of ladies for dinner. They had favorite dishes and were happy with their food. I however looked the menu over and could not find an entree I wanted. I ended up ordering breakfast. The menu was all average home cooked dishes that I make at home, so no need to order it out. The omelet was good, nothing great, and the bacon was the worst I have ever eaten. Not a place I will go back to.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Went on suggestion by daughter- quickly seated (there was quite a crowd in a Sunday). Hostesses were very sweet. Our drink orders were take by hostess and served promptly. Easy choices on the b’fast menu. Coffee was hot and good. Our waitress was pleasant and checked on us several times. Even the bus-girl was sweet and smiled when she thanked us for coming.