“I would rate this place a zero if I could...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn South Fort Worth

Days Inn South Fort Worth
Ranked #93 of 108 Hotels in Fort Worth
Irving, TX
“I would rate this place a zero if I could...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

OMG! I booked a 2 star hotel on Hotwire and got this dump. As I drove in with my 2 parents, I knew this was BAD news. I was really nervous and was very embarassed for booking this place for all three of us to save us from driving an hour, as we were in Ft. Worth to spend time with my newborn niece. I walked in to check-in and there were 2 other people in front of me with "problems." The first guest was on the phone with what appeared to be the owner and he was trying to get his money back for his paid 1 week stay because his room was flooded and he couldn't get a new room. He was upset and was getting nowhere and had spent 3 hours getting the run-around. The guest after that was trying to check-in, but had about 20 IDs with his picture, but no driver's license (looked kind of scary as well). Then, a pregnant "'woman of the night" walked in and that's when I got even more nervous. As I was looking out the window, I saw a number of cruising cars and more "women" and just ran out to call Hotwire to see if they could help. I was able to get a refund and we wound up driving an hour to sleep in our own beds. This place was gross, the parked cars were old and falling apart, and people walking around were very scary looking. I could tell the buildings were not well maintained because a number of window screens were missing or fallen on the side of the buidlings (not safe). I peeled out of that parking garage VERY fast and never looked back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MissTexasTraveler
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
mkm1013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2010

I've stayed at this Days Inn twice in the last three years. Not much has changed. It's old, and the area is a bit rough, but it is inexpensive and in a good location to access the south Ft Worth area. My room was clean and the maid service was good each day. Staff was friendly. For $40, free internet, and orange juice. I can live with it. Taco Cabana and Grandy's are next door.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mkm1013
Forest City, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

While I have never slept in a homeless shelter I am sure they had cleaner beds! My wife and I booked this hotel in a last minute change of travel plans. Why did I not read the Trip Advisor reviews first? Our cab pulled up in front and let us out. The lobby was locked and we had to stand outside and check in. The front desk clerk was named Sonny and was not pleasant at all. We had to walk to the back of the hotel with our luggage and guess what was the first thing we saw? A hooker and pimp. Yes that is right this place is teeming with hookers. Guys with the windows open waiting for a hooker to knock on the door. Earth to the Fort Worth police, this place is a haven for prostitution! The carpets were filthy and lots of mold in the bathroom. Our socks were dirty from walking on the floor. The room had a bad smell to it as well. The management did not care that we complained. Never even said they were sorry. A horrible stay at a complete dump. Sleep in your car or the bus station but not here!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel H
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

This place is terrible. I travel 25 or more weeks per year and stay at many of the Wyndham family of hotels. Where to start, Bathroom was nasty dirty, shower did not work, toilet cover did not fit, no coffee maker, hair dryer and TV did not work. Room was filthy and the property was cluttered and dirty. However, the hookers were more than willing to say hello and even wanted to chat up my female companion. The bed was broken at the foot and the trash was not taken out. Would be nice if they would at least take out the trash after someone checks out.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
8 Thank rleesmith
College Station, Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2008

This is by far the worst place I've ever stayed in. There were cigarette burn holes all over the sheets. There were stains covering the floor. I didn't walk barefoot on the floor. I saw at least half a dozen cockroaches in the bathroom. The toilet seat had urine on it when I arrived. The toilet lid was broken. I was afraid to take a shower. There were stains on the pillowcases. This place was seriously scary. I could go on and on.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MrB589
12.8 km away
Super 8 Fort Worth, TX
Super 8 Fort Worth, TX
#85 of 108 in Fort Worth

Been to Days Inn South Fort Worth? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK