“VALUE ACCOMMODATION FORT WORTH”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth
Ranked #43 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Because we stayed in Fort Worth as a lay over, we used public transport and taxis. This hotel has a shuttle service however, if the driver isn't working eg in the mornings, the reception graciously organised for another sgtaff member to drive us to the bus station. Free shuttle to the stockyards area.

Hotel room was very comfortable, two double beds. Good shower over bath. Free wi fi in the room. Pay TV. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. Internet computers in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Marilyn50,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. Our shuttle service is one of our great amenities. We are so happy that we can offer that to our guests. Thank you for all of your thoughts. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I made reservations, using Expedia for this hotel, weeks in advance. On arrival, at the Country Inn and Suites said they overbooked, and sent me to another hotel. The hotel they sent me to was 3 miles away, and was a dump.

Room Tip: There is no way to know before your arrival if the Country Inn and Suites Fort Worth is over booked...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BecBB
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I booked this room a month in advance for our anniversary which is January 1st. We stayed January 1st and 2nd and checkout on the 3rd. This is the hotel me and my wife spent the first night of our honeymoon at 12 years ago and at that time it was a very nice hotel. We arrived at the hotel at 1:00pm on the 1st and ask if the room would be available to check into early. Phillip West the man working the front counter that morning said that the people had just checked out of that room and the housekeepers had not had time to clean the room yet, we told him that today was our anniversary and we would like to check in early if it was possible and he told us it would be around 2:00 or 2:30pm, we thanked him and left. At 2pm we called and Phillip told us it would be closer to 2:30 before the room was ready so me and my wife grabbed something to eat and returned to the hotel. We arrived at about 2:15 and at this time Phillip told us it was going to be closer to 3pm before the housekeepers were going to have our room ready, we said ok and decided we would just wait in the lobby so we unloaded our luggage to a cart and then ate our lunch. At about 2:55 Phillip told us it was probably going to be closer to 3:30 before our room was ready. At time I ask him isn't check in time 3:00? He said yes but we booked the hotel last night. I then ask "The Hotel is not booked today is it" (there were only 2 or 3 cars in the parking lot and I had not seen any guest). He said that it was not booked and I ask why our room was not going to be ready at 3:00. He said again the hotel was booked last night and the housekeepers were real busy. Yes but ya'll have known for a month now that I have had a reservation and you know I was here and talked to you today at 1:00 and I have been waiting in your lobby for almost an hour and still my room is not ready! He said it took an hour to clean our room and three people were working on it right now to get it ready. I told him I don’t believe it would take an hour to clean any room in this hotel, and then ask why he didn't have the housekeeper clean our room first. Finally at 3:30 we got into our room to realize that not only was the service poor and the management clueless, but our room was in desperate need of repair and remodeling. The same green carpet that was in the room 12 years ago was still in the room as it appears to be the same tired bed and furnishings. We went to the front desk and at this time they were changing shifts Phillip was leaving and Matthew was coming on board. We discussed our concerns about the maintenance issues with Matthew and he sent first the shuttle driver to our room and then 4 housekeepers came in to look around. I then went down and ask Matthew why he sent the shuttle driver and housekeepers to our room? Our room is clean but we have maintenance issues. The toilet will not quit running, the carpet is torn and worn-out and is the same carpet that was in the rooms 12 years ago, the leg on the coffee table is almost broken off, the sink is cracked, tub scratched, cabinets scarred and several lights were burned out. Matthew told me that the maintenance man was off and would not be working until the 3rd (the day we were to leave). I then ask if this was the best room that they had in the hotel and we were told that it was. I had stayed in Super 8 motels that were far better that this room!!! Matthew told me he was going to contact the manager and get him to take care of the situation and he also said he would do something special for our anniversary. My wife & I decided we would stay and see what happened. We called about 4:30 to see if the shuttle could take us to a restaurant for our anniversary and we were told that the shuttle driver was not working because today was a holiday, I had explained that this was not told to us at the time I booked the room and had inquired about the shuttle. We ended up walking across the street to the Mexican restaurant Mercado Juarez and had dinner at about 8pm. We never heard anything else from the manager or Mathew. The next morning we went to breakfast and seen that Phillip was back at the front desk. After breakfast we went and ask when the manager would be in and Willard popped around the corner and said he was the manager. I ask him to come to our room and see all the issues with our room and explained all that had happened with his staff and how that we had sat in the lobby for an hour and a half waiting on our room that was late. Willard’s responded with an excuse about their previous maintenance man's health and they had recently hired a new maintenance man but he had hurt his back so they currently didn’t have anyone capable of do maintenance. Willard did nothing to resolve the situation and I don’t think he cared either. If you enjoy poor service, run-down rooms and a staff that is disengaged and clueless this is your place! The cleaning staff is the only thing that is good here and they do an excellent job for what they have to work with. Kudos to the housekeepers! I sure hope the owner gets a clue and hires better management and reverses the direction this place is headed!

Room Tip: I think they have remodeled some rooms, ask for them............ you wont be told otherwise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MARK G
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I visit the historic stockyards several times a year. This hotel has a handy shuttle, is very clean with a reasonable rate and has an acceptable breakfast. We find it to be a good value for visiting the area and having fun.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goodneighbor7
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you found the shuttle to be very useful. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they do a good job.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stopped in Fort Worth for a couple of days on the last leg of Texas tour and was a little disappointed with the hotel. It was slightly out of the city so you couldn't walk to any of the tourist attractions but there was a free shuttle service, which was extremely helpful.
This is perhaps the biggest plus point of the hotel, along with the free wi-fi. The rooms were in dire need of updating, although it was clean, the carpets in the room were threadbare and there was a slightly stale smell.
The 'fitness centre' consisted of 2 machines and I couldn't find the business centre. There is a pool, which is good for us tourists, but as with the rest of the hotel it is very 'tired' looking and the sun loungers needed replacing.The breakfast was ok, albeit a little too sugar heavy for my British tastes, but as there were no other places locally that did breakfast I was not going to complain.
So over all, it was ok but next time I would pay more and stay closer to the Stockyards or in Fort Worth.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your concerns about the hotel being updated are currently be discussed with our management. We also appreciate your concerns about the breakfast menu. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We use your comments to help us improve on our service to you, and to future guests.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again on future visits to the area.