“Closed the restaurant without telling us”

The Wild Mushroom Steakhouse and Lounge
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 42
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Martin
Description: The Wild Mushroom has a warm and inviting ambiance; making each guest the center of attention and making them feel like a star. An aura of excitement swirls around the motions in the restaurant: flames and sizzling sounds appear choreographed as steaks are perfectly grilled and fresh wild salmon filets are broiled to perfection.
Reviewed 25 February 2016

I had the worst time trying to book a reservation over the phone for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. I ended up having to physically stop in to book a reservation. Then, when we tried to go last night for our reservation at 7PM the restaurant was CLOSED! They never called to inform us and are still not answering their phone. Terrible customer service!

Reviewed 20 February 2016

First time, food very good, drinks reasonably priced, and service right on. The entertainment was enjoyable, young woman and her guitar. Just the right atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

We prefer eating early, and were first to arrive at Wild Mushroom, 5 p.m. Feb. 9. Attentive service, pleasant table and as good an 8 oz. filet as we've had in a long, long time. Sides of garlic flavored potatoes and grilled vegetables provide all that is needed beyond the grand filet. No sides, salads or soups unless ravenous. With Groupon, quite a deal, saving $35. Totally pleasant experience.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Salad was creative, and soup was delicious. The prime steaks were fabulous and done to order. Vegetables were perfectly cooked and very tasty. It would have been a perfect meal EXCEPT the wine list is not at all impressive, and a great meal commands a fine wine! The so-called 'bernaise' sauce disappointed, as it seemed to be some kind of cheese sauce sans tarragon. We may check in with the restaurant in a few months to see if the wine list has been upgraded.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

I reviewed the Mushroom early in 2015. I thought it was a great little place then, and after several trips I feel the same way. This trip was a bit different as it was spurred by the restaurant’s involvement in a charity event known as Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants offer special fixed price meals with a portion of the price going to a charity.

Normally, I am bit skeptical of the Restaurant Week menus. Restaurants tend to limit the seating times, limit the number of orders available, and may be using the menus as a bait and switch item. I was pleasantly surprised in this case for a couple of reasons.

First, I was able to make a reservation online at the time I wanted. Restaurant Week reservations are very often difficult to obtain, especially online. Since it was so easy to make, I was worried our party would not be eligible for the fixed price menus. Second, special menu items can often be a bit smaller or completely different from normal menu items. As it turned out, the chef/owner, simply put some of his normal items together in a special menu for a fixed price. Everyone who came in could order the special items, and as far as we could tell at our table they were the same quantity and quality as at any other time.

I won’t bore you with all the details. I’ll just say the food was excellent, service was great and the entertainment was sweet voiced young lady who provided good music that was loud enough to hear, and quiet enough to allow a discussion around the table. The place was busy, but the meal was delightful.