“Great hotel, great coffee, and Internet rescued my situation”

Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview
Ranked #43 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Dallas, TX
“Great hotel, great coffee, and Internet rescued my situation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

I live locally and on Thursday night, a large electrical storm created an Internet outage in my neighborhood. Friday morning I was scheduled to take an important final exam to complete some employer-provided training. I phoned the Courtyard and found they had rooms available. They allowed me an early check-in so that I could be in one of their rooms and on their Internet for my 11:30 a.m. final test. The hotel is only 2 or 3 years old and is beautiful inside. They offer free coffee plus sell brewed Starbucks coffee in their lobby coffee/breakfast bar. And although the employer-provided training takes alot of bandwidth because it included vocal instruction and audio for all students, the hotel's Internet bandwidth was up to the task. Had this hotel not accommodated my needs, I would have had to re-take the entire training class (my employer is rigid). Thank you, Courtyard Cityview!

Room Tip: Please ignore my Sleep Quality rating, i did not have an opportunity to try out the beds. This webs...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Clean, nice rooms. The foyer just had a makeover and the continental breakfast isn't too bad.. For the price Id come back here...

Be forewarned though, the internet is really slow here. So bad that you cant use it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

The staff are always excellent. They are friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean and plenty of space and connections to work. Nice to have the mini fridge, free internet, and comfortable bed. It is close to multiple restaurants and stores with easy access to the highway. This is my second time there, and I usually stay at least a couple of days. Again, not a very green hotel. No recycling (had to take mine with me), and the coffee maker in the rooms is atrocious for conservation. Plastic, one-use, waxed cup set-up. Very environmentally unfriendly. This time my truck got broken into in the parking lot even though I was parked right outside the door in a well-lit spot. I got the impression that this is common, so do not leave anything in your car/truck. The cameras do not cover all angles so no help from that end. Of course the staff were very sympathetic and tried to help in any way...even offering me free breakfast. It was not their fault, and definitely no reflection on their service...just be aware of leaving things in vehicle.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

First time we stayed in the courtyard hotel.
We really liked it.
Did you make feel comfertable.
Rooms nice.Staff very friendly.
We will make sure when we travel to America next year that we make more bookings
Courtyards hotels.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

This Courtyard is a great location and provided us with a great overnight stay! We stopped here after spending a day at the Fort Worth Stockyards and in preparation of our next stop at the Fort Worth Zoo.
We had a great night sleep in the comfortable, spacious and clean room.
The service was very good and I really enjoyed being the "Guest of the Day"! What a fun suprise that was!
The pool area was nice and my boys enjoyed it very much!
We like the location due to its proximity to the Stockyards and to the Zoo.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are spending some time in the Fort Worth Area!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family