“Very Good residence inn with one exception”

Residence Inn Fort Worth Fossil Creek
Ranked #34 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Ocala, Florida
“Very Good residence inn with one exception”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Fossil Creek Residence Inn. The room was great and comfy and the beds were just right. The bathrooms were extremely tiny and the vanity area in one of the 2 bedrooms was very small. The staff were friendly and accommodating.

One issue I had was ordering from an outside restaurant. It wouldn't have been such a big deal if it hadn't been storming really bad that evening. Lightning was crashing down around the hotel and the front desk called and said we had to come to the desk to retrieve our food. So much for delivery I should have just ordered take out. Asked why we had to go running through the hotel outside to find the front desk while it was lightning and was told it was for my security. So Residence Inn would rather me be struck by lighting than having the driver actually deliver the food to the room. I just kept hearing the desk clerk say "It's for your safety and security sir!" Lightning striking nearby and me carrying cash in which I could have been mugged or robbed going to retrieve my food. Silly thing to be concerned about yes, but safety and security come on. I thought the hotel want's to do everything to accommodate the guest and their needs not make it dangerous for them.

Overall I would go back if in the Fort Worth area again, just next time I would just order take out instead of delivery. Because after all I want to be safe and since drivers obviously can't be trusted to go to the rooms I would not do that again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank OCALAFLORIDATRAVELER
, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding delivery options when staying at the hotel. We try to accomdate all guest with the safety and security of our hotel. We will re-evaluate our safety measures in situations like you had with the storms that evening. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I've stayed at plenty hotels throughout the last few years and I just want to say that this was one of the best experiences I've had. Ronna and Yolanda made my check in very enjoyable. I recently had a bad stay at another property but the staff here helped me to regain all the confidence I previously lost. Whenever i'm back in Ft Worth, this is the only place I will stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the great comments on two of my employees, Yolanda and Ronna. They are great employees and it meant alot to them and myself of reconizing each of them. We look forward to having you back in Fort Worth and especially to our newly completed renovation.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I was in Fort Worth on business for a week that extended into two. While I was there I stayed in 3 different hotels and the Residence Inn was the best by a longshot. First I was at the Comfort Suites, then the Radisson. The Comfort Suites wasn’t very comfortable and the Radisson made me very uneasy but chose them because they offered on-site laundry facilities. However, when I checked with the front desk their dryer was broken – and that’s when I moved to your hotel.

I totally enjoyed my stay and felt quite at home. Your hotel is well maintained and every night my room was in ship shape allowing me to unwind from long days. Everyone from the front desk to the maids were very welcoming and excel at customer service. I have found my home away from home and when I travel to Texas I know exactly where I’ll stay!

Kudos to you and your staff for making your guests feel comfortable when away from home.

Room Tip: This location has just finished a remodel. Room was very nice and accommodating.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and after two other hotels, you finally found your "home". We look forward to having you back in the future. have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2012

hello i stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was very nice the rooms are updated .We Were able to use the bbq grill and just enjoy the evening i felt like it was home away from home..and not to mention the staff there were amazing especially Ana,and Richard i will definetly stay here again thank you for taking care of us soooo good!!!!

Thanks vanessa,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
trob087, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us recently. Your home away from home is what we strife for every guest stay with us. We look forward to you returning to the hotel in the future so you can meet our entire family. I will share your comments with Ana and Richard. Two incredible staff members. I am so glad you took the time to recognize them both. enjoy your summer and we look forward to having you back soon!

Terri Robinson
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and personable. Went out of their way to make sure everything was okay.

Food was surprisingly good. Tasted more like home-cooked than most hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
thank you for staying with our hotel while in Fort Worth. It warms my heart that our staff was good to you and treated you will. I also like to hear that you are enjoying our food selections at the hotel. We have been trying out different ideas and I think you just hit it for us. seem more like real meals than a regular hotel. We look forward to having you back with us soon again!

Terri Robinson