“Cool Drive-in, worth the drive” 4 of 5 bubbles

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Cool Drive-in, worth the drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

This drive-in theater just off Interstate 45 is a great way to enjoy a current movie outdoors. There are 5 screens each showing a double feature. The movies start at dark so it varies during the year. They offer a snack bar, actually more than 1 in the complex with reasonable prices. I would recommend bringing your own radio if sitting outside the vehicle, the drive-in speakers are not very loud.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank missorganized19
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Great Deal - Avoid 3D”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

This drive-in is a great deal, and I love seeing movies here, but I would suggest you avoid the 3D movies. The movies are so dark that you cannot see what is going on half the time. Also, the glasses have very small lenses, making it hard to focus on the edges of the screen when the action is not centered.

The food is average, but is reasonably priced. I usually buy popcorn and a couple drinks when I go, as they support the place with the concessions.

Overall, you can't beat the value for the price; just avoid the 3D movies!

Visited July 2011
Texarkana, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

Great experience! They have new movies and cheap snacks! You can listen to the movie sitting outside with the outside speakers or sit in your car and tune your radio to a certain radio station to listen to the movie through your car speakers :) This was my first time at a drive in and will definitely come back! The putt putt golf was not open but it was very small.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank krasy2001
Grand Prairie, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2010

The Galaxy is so much fun under the stars! Good, cheap food and a very friendly atmosphere! 4 huge screens - and now one of them can even play 3D movies! I could never get enough. You should absolutely GO!

1 Thank Sleeth1
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sweet deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

This was my first time going to a Drive-In since very few of them exist today and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect but everything was sooo great! Before the movie, there was a live DJ that played through the FM station that we tuned into at our parking spot. The food was decent (I really enjoyed the tamales, but we didn't really expect anything gourmet from the rest of the menu of hot dogs and hamburgers). It is $6 per person for two movies on the same screen. The only thing that I did not like was that the first movie started off kinda late so we decided not to stay for the second movie. We wish it was closer to us so that we can go again!

1 Thank T0m03