“We love Kickapoo Casino / The Guerrero Girls” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino

Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Texas' #1 gaming destination is now even bigger--our new expansion project is now open! Now you can play and stay in our new 249-room full service hotel, enjoy gourmet fine dining in the Sage Steakhouse, relax in new bars including the Center Bar, live weekly entertainment in the Que Pasa Lounge, high limit gaming area and more.24-hour gaming excitement is within easy reach of San Antonio, Austin, Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley, so why drive anywhere else? Winning is Bigger in Texas!
San Antonio, Texas 78264
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We love Kickapoo Casino / The Guerrero Girls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino is an average casino to go and play at. Personally, I love to play there because several of my relatives have really won small, medium, and large jackpots there. I have been there when they won the jackpots so I am a FAN! The people are friendly and the restrooms are very clean! Bottled water and soda machine drinks are free. You can earn free meals too. At the time of this e-mail writing, my sister hit a big jackpot for over $27,000.00, then a small jackpot for $1,271.00, and I won $665.00 so I was a happy person that day! I live in San Antonio and I try to make it out to Eagle Pass 2 to 3 times a month - if possible. I love Kickapoo and it is close to my home area. I am confident that I will win big too. My goal is to surpass my sister's winnings!

Rachel from San Antonio, Texas

6 Thank RachelGuerreroRios
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

go2gamble
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Make the day trip....so worth it!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2009

I was very skeptical on visiting this casino since I am a Big Casino Fan, Vegas-Louisiana, however it was well worth the drive to Eagle Pass from San Antonio.

It took me a little over 2 hours to get there driving the speed limit of course. Fill your tank..not much on the way there.

The casino is not very big, but big enough to crave your hunger for casino noise and action. I went on a Saturday and it seemed pretty busy, but not overcrowded. It was seldom I saw a cocktail waitress come by, so your best bet is to walk to the bar if that is the case.

One piece of advice is I went to the first building which is the bingo hall labeled casino and felt dissapointed because the machines there were not that great. As I was about to leave I drive to the next BIG building and walked in and was relieved somewhat I was in the wrong building.

I look foward to going again in a couple of weeks....

2 Thank go2gamble
Castroville, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2007

Visited the casino for the first time on 11/23/07. Very easy to find, just follow signs. Lots and lots of slot machines. While we were there a lady won $10,000. Non alcoholic drinks were free. Food was over priced but who goes to a casino to eat?
Very clean, rest rooms excellent. Lots of employees walking around, friendly and helpful. We drove from San Antonio to celebrate my birthday and it was a treat. Go Go Go

6 Thank Freebird46
Austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Most Lame Casino Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2007

I first learned of this casino back in April. At that time, their website listed various table games such as Blackjack and a local Blackjack variant, in addition to bingo, poker, and slots. So I finally made it down there today while in Eagle Pass on business, and
after negotiating their pot-hole-ridden and excruciatingly crooked 3 mile long driveway, I come to find out that they had killed off all the table games other than poker and slots 'over a year ago,' to quote the pit boss I spoke with. What a let down. To their credit, the other table games have now been removed from the website, but they were ALREADY LONG GONE when I read the site in April, at which point the site was doling out false information like candy. I'm not a
big fan of Texas Hold 'Em, but I think I know enough to testify that the action on their poker tables was decidedly incompatible with terms such as 'high class' or 'high roller.' If I had to apply an adjective to their poker action, I think it would be 'Keystone Light.' SO IF YOU LIKE THE ACTION OF A FULL FEATURED CASINO, BEWARE--THIS WILL BE A WASTE OF YOUR TIME.

17 Thank Jack_Burden
Edinburg, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“If Bingo is what you crave...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2006

A few things:

1. There are two reasons to come to this casino: high stakes Bingo or Poker. The slot machines are too tight to waste too much time playing them. If you are going to play the slots, play the cheaper denominations. The quarter slots are unbeliveably stingy. Also, contrary to what a previous poster said, the slot machines aren't that bad in terms of their complexity. Go to Vegas and they're very similar. Yes, Vegas has a lot of the old style, but the ones here are the wave of the future, so to speak.

2. The high stakes Bingo is everything you'd expect, and my wife and mother in law had a good time. Lots of games and money given away for a reasonable price. The hall is located in what I believe is the original casino. It's a good 3-4 minute walk from the main casino. Rember this, because if you play any of the slots, make sure to cash out your tickets in whatever building you're playing in. If you get a ticket from a slot machine in the Bingo hall, the cashier cage at the casino will not cash it for you, nor will a supervisor authorize them to do so, and vice versa. This happened with a ticket worth $9.85, forcing me to walk from the main casino back to the Bingo hall, and back to the casino again.

3. Food: Yeah, right. In the main casino, there's a horrible buffet that I wouldn't wish on anyone, as well as a snack bar and a deli. My travel companions ate menudo at the Bingo hall, however, and said it was excellent. Be safe and eat something before you go. Also, drink plenty of your favorite beverage. You will not find a waitress to bring you a drink in the main casino. They'll walk by, but not stop. Also, the prices are ridiculous. Note to the casino: Make the drinks free. You're already making money hand over fist.

4. Table games: The main reason I decided to come along was because the casino's website touted "No Bust 21", their version of blackjack. Much to my surprise, there wasn't a blackjack table in sight. When I asked, I was told they had been removed a month prior, with no plans for immediate return. The poker area was ridiculously crowded the entire time, and I can only imagine how long the waiting list is.

5. The casino itself is not where you expect it to be. You have to drive out of town nearly 5 miles to "Casino Road". Casino Road is 3 miles of some of the worst road you'll ever drive on. Sharp turns, no lighting, lots of potholes, and lots of traffic. Be careful!

6. Apparently, the plans for the future are to bulldoze the Bingo hall and put up a hotel, turn the current main casino into the Bingo hall, and build a larger main casino.

All in all, it's about what I expected. There is plenty of room for improvement, but for me, service is the big one. I don't care that you're taking my money, that's why I'm there, but don't rob me. Free drinks, a few more smiles, table games, and much better food are a bare minimum.

22 Thank txadams06