“WE had a great time! But......”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Denton
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Arlington, Texas
“WE had a great time! But......”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This hotel is older and due to its pricing is home to several work crews that seem to stay a week at a time or more. Always a little weird. We stayed in the Pink Cadillac room. Before we checked in, we read the reviews, we didn't have extremely high hopes but there was good and bad. First off, we haven't located any theme rooms in the DFW area but these. Let's be honest .... what else would you rent a themed room for but some couple romance? So, in short it would be nice if the hotel staff paid closer attention to detail on cleaning. It wasn't filthy but it wasn't as clean as it should be either. Stangely enough the cadillac bed is not bad but does give to a little sink in the middle feel. THe mirrored tub area is cool and the shower wall is nice also. THe room was fun but the walls need to be painted (right and all the way might be a nice touch) the wall paper in the bathroom just needs to go. THe projection TV also needs to be replaced with a flat screen or at least a tv that works. THere is a second tv so that helped and it did work. Don't rent a room like this if you are expecting a plush themed suite, but do if you are just looking for a night or two of fun with you honey. Bring your own pillows. It has dvd players, microwave, fridge, coffee pot and two different beds. One in the car and one in a separate room. THe decor is dated but if your partner cant take your mind off the minor details long enough to enjoy inspite of the room needing a face lift, then you better stay in a high maintenance location. Its a fun room just be aware. We will give another suite a chance but may inspect it prior to renting to make sure we know what we are getting.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hunter072
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I checked in and checked out. The rooms are horrible. They smell of old wet carpet. I thought it was just that one room, but when the front desk suggested I view other rooms, they were all in the same condition.The female front desk personnel was very unprofessional and rude, especially after you tell them about how unpleased you are with their hotel. She cussed at us several times and called us CHEAP. I reported this incident to the corporate office

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank spoo0321
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I walked into the room and just started laughing! This seems like some seedy hotel you see people take hookers to in a movie. Out of the 4 lights in the room, only one (sort of) works. Not to mention everything is falling apart and/or rusty. It's absolutely filthy! The TV was the room's only saving grace, and what do you know? That ALSO stopped working. I will NEVER stay at one of their hotels ever again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank jenm906
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I was so ready to swrite a legimate medicore review for this one star hotel. We were only staying there one night on our way to Kansas. Expectations were not that high honestly. First, the desk lady was nice, but sort of that fake nice where she had a nice tone but still wasn't listening to a word I was saying. NO FREE WI-FI. I was told it had been broken for a while. Woke up a little late and called the front desk asking for an extended check out. A very nice man said it wasn't a problem. At 11am the maid opened the door without knocking. I told her we had a late checkout. 11:30, Another women banged on our door yelling at me that they were on a schedule and had to rent this room to other people so we had to get out immediately. Even though there were only about 3 cars in the parking lot. I really don't think there was a line of people waiting to get into this place. I told her I had called the front desk, and she interrupted me and said she was at the front desk and I did not call HER (note I talked to a man). Then she lied about calling my room??? Very rude. I was taken back by the extreme rudeness to a customer. WOW! Don't stay here. There are better options.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VirginiaEvans
denton
Reviewed 4 April 2008

NEVER STAY HERE!!!!!!

This place was horrible. I was working on the pipeline and had already been staying here a month and the staff communication was horrible it took me 5 days to get a simple pillow the shower head never got fixed as well as a light. The staff including the owners do not speak good english at all so you might have to draw a picture for them to understand you or you'll have to repeat yourself about five times to get your point across. They are very stingy too my girlfriend was staying with me a couple days adn they accused her of staying there for two weeks just to try to get more money out of me. The only person that was any help at all was a lady named Betty that works at the front desk and when she tried to help me out they started accusing her of lying among other things. They also ran my debit card without my consent which also mad me mad. You would think that if they were making 1200 a month off a person they would be treat you with a little more respect. All in all this place is horrible and i would not reccomend it to anybody i would rather sleep in my truck then put up with the stuff i had to here.

Stayed March 2008