“Mediocre food/mediocre service”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here today with great expectations based on the reviews we read here. My husband ordered Hunan Chicken, and when the entree was delivered, there was no sauce to speak of, all white meat and no color. The primary vegetable was bamboo shoots with a sprig of green onion & if you wanted extra vegetables, (my husband ordered water chestnuts) you had to pay extra! Very bland except for the overpowering ginger. There was also ginger in the hot & sour soup, ginger in the egg roll. I ordered the Sesame chicken which was different than any I've ever had, but not in a good way. It was chunks of white meat chicken with a couple of chunks of carrots, zuchinni, and okra all tempura battered and fried. No sauce. The fried rice we were served was not like the usual fried rice on the grill with fresh veggies, it was more like steamed rice with some brown color. What a disappointment. :(

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I live in Maryland and visit my son in Denton, on a regular basis. We order "takeout" from "Chopsticks" every time I'm there because it is the best Asian food in the area; for the price and timeliness in preparing the items we enjoy. Their fried rice is most delicious and included in all the main stir fry dishes (they will inquire if you prefer fried or white, go for fried). Other dishes we always enjoy are fried or steamed Pork or Chicken Potstickers, (we prefer pork - the included sauce is yum),Pork Lo Mien, and Szechuan Walnut Chicken. You may choose either meat you prefer or vege only. My son is a regular and is pleased to have discovered this little family owned place. I am, too. There is one other tried and true, locally owned place he takes me to for take-out breakfast, comes to mind. I will offer a review of it in the future. In the meantime, enjoy chillin' in the crib with your personal chopsticks and Bon Apetit!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

If you're a fan of Japanese or Chinese cuisine, this is the place for you. The food we had was excellent. Sushi was very good for the area.

Service left something to be desired. All of our food ordered was not delivered, yet was charged on the ticket. We experienced very long waits for drink refills, our ticket, and had to find our waiter to cash out.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My husband and I are still fairly new to Texas. We were out at a convention in Denton and some friends invited us to a place they fell in love with in their college days. I'm always for Chinese food, even bad Chinese food I'll eat. Looking at the place, I wasn't sure what to expect. All I had was the word of mouth. Sat down to a very wide-spread menu of all sorts of Asian food! I ordered the sesame chicken and I kid you not, it's the best I've ever had. The batter was perfectly crisp on the chicken (even my left overs tasted good), the veggies tasted fresh and I'd never had fried okra or in Chinese food before! I also got an order of Unagi Nigiri and it was delicious. And got sesame red bean balls for dessert - superb. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Krista J
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We enjoy this place as much for the staff as the food. Sushii can be customized to your taste and everything we have tried so far has been great.

Been to Mr. Chopsticks? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK