“DrandMrsB_VillaGrande”

Villa Grande Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 428 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 May 2018

My wife and I were looking for a Mexican restaurant while visiting in Denton. We stumbled upon Villa Grande and were pleased with our choice. Service was a little slow but the food was good. Tables were small for the size of the plates. Margaritas were strong!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I had the tortilla soup which was not very hot but still good. Tasted a bit more commercial then home made, could have used a little more spice and some fresh like lime, or fresh onions or cilantro. The avocado was nice. I also had the Flan which was good. The tortillas were lovely and went well with the soup. Nobody in my group was complaining.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My friend her baby and I enjoyed some awesome food. So more my friend and I but they gave her kid a coloring page that entertained her almost the entire meal. My friend got the shrimp tacos I got the steak tacos and they were amazing! Also their cilantro based salsa was amazing! Our drinks were filled the entire time and our waiter was great. Towards the end of our meal there was a huge crash in the kitchen and my friend said several dishes shattered and broke just inside the kitchen door way. No one stopped to clean it! All the waiters just continued to step over it and track glass through the restaurant. It was still there when we left about 10 min after the crash.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Visiting Denton and ask son for a recommendation and without hesitation he said Villa Grande. The margarita Patron was outstanding oh yes. The salas was an excellent surprise then came The queso another great surprise! Menu selection was really good especially for lunch. Should have shared with both of us being retired, too much food. We each selected something different WRONG should have shared. But will pass on the recommendation so come on in.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

My wife and I were on the way to Winstar Casino and were a bit hungry. We pulled in to the restaurant to grab a bite. The food was okay. We ordered a guacamole to start, and it was tasty. We found the chips to be too flimsy to scoop up the salsa, which was not very good. I had to get another set of silverware, since mine were not clean. My wife ordered the Chili Relleno Brisket and was quite please with it. I ordered the Carne Asada Poblano and was pleased. Our server, Sheila, was attentive. The portions are huge, so bring your appetite. The floor was very slippery and we were holding on to things so as not to fall. I don't think we will go back.

Been to Villa Grande Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK