“Great place to eat and awesome selection of lunch items”

Houlihan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Houlihan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 428 Restaurants in Denton
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 30
Description: Houlihan's in Denton Texas is located at Town Center Trail and is your place to wine and dine in Denton, TX. Whether you're looking for a great meal for lunch or dinner, or just a place to unwind with the best Denton happy hour, Houlihan's restaurant provides a great dining experience. Drink up our happy hour specials, check out our current happenings or just find your favorite item on our menu.
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We came here for the first time today for late lunch and was amazed at how beautiful the restaurant and bar area were. Our waitress Cameron was very knowledgeable about all the special items as well as able to make suggestions. We had the fried asparagus appy as well as the mushrooms (get the 3 as they are big!) both were delicious. The lunch duo is a good choice too with many selections as well as the keep coming back for more endless soup and salad which was only $10. Everything prepared from scratch too!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We tried Houlihan's in Denton after enjoying the one one Beltline Rd in Dallas. We went on a Tuesday and were treated by 1/2 bottles of wine! Every Tues. they offer all their wine 1/2 off. I had a side salad and the scallops, my husband had ribs. All the food was great! I signed up for specials by email and promptly receiving a $10 off coupon, We used it the next week (Tues. of course) and enjoyed our meals again. This restaurant is adjacent to an Embassy suites and convention center. So far it's never too crowded and service is great! Prices are reasonable and food is really good.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was here on business and ate at this restaurant every night I was there. The food is great and so are the bar tenders. I recommend the Korean Chicken.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

If you are staying at the hotel, the convenience alone is worth it. The menu is broad and the service is really quite outstanding. After 10, the drink specials are outrageous. Get the extremely large Long Island Tea for $5. No joke 32oz, what a deal. Also the apps are a good deal during happy hour.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I ate dinner here with my husband and three children while we were guests at the Embassy Suites (this restaurant is attached to the hotel). I figured this would be akin to an Applebee's (okay, but not great), but I was surprised - the food here was really very good! The atmosphere is also really nice - modern and cool but not at all loud or obnoxious. It was really a lot of fun!

The menu is very diverse, offering something for everyone. My husband opted for the spicy Korean chicken, which he said was excellent. My older two children had the fish tacos (they both raved about how good they were) and I had the veggie burger and sweet potato fries. The veggie burgers are made fresh in-house and really are lovely. **Also, they offer gluten free buns! How awesome!**

The only sort of downer was the kids' chicken tenders meal my youngest opted to try. The chicken tenders were really quite good; however, they were spicy. I think there was cayenne in the batter - not that great for little ones. She got some ranch to dunk them in, which did help a bit with the heat. She also doesn't love seasoned fries, which is how fries are served here. Not the end of the world, just not her thing. :o)

For dessert, we tried the brownie batter cake (one cake, five spoons).
It.
Was.
Divine.

I mean, it was SO GOOD. It's really rich and indescribably delicious - you really must try this if you're here...and consider sharing with a friend if you don't have much of a sweet tooth.

Been to Houlihan's Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK