“Yummy Pad Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 20 January 2016

I would give this restaurant 5 stars in the context of other denton restaurants. The service is always friendly and attentive. The dishes are yummy. And the restroom is clean. It is one of the few places I frequent in Denton.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

Generally Thai restaurants really nail the authentic flavor of Thailand or water it down too much. Overall our party of four thought it succeeded in its flavors. Two thought it was excellent and two thought it was very good. Generally the flavor was correct but perhaps just a bit less bold than I would have loved - that said it still succeeds where so many others fall short. Perhaps, the owners are just from a different area of Thailand than I am used to. We will continue to look for "The" Thai go-to restaurant but this is a good fall back and still recommended. Service was friendly, restaurant not fancy but was clean and comfortable. Value was good with 5 entrees and 4 Thai iced teas for $67.00

Reviewed 24 October 2015

A business associate and I recently had dinner here and were very pleased. The service was good and we liked the food. I had Phuket Island, which is seafood and vegetables in yellow curry. It was very good. The restaurant will adjust the level of spices for you. I had 2 out of 5, which was about right for me.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

The Tom kha soup was phenomenal, the herb chicken was delicious. The Thai ocha hot plate was not hot, neither the plate or the food. The pad see eew was very greasy. There are other Thai places that are as close to me that I think are better and more consistent across all of the dishes they serve.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

We took a chance on this restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews of previous diners and could not have been any happier about the choice we made! This unassuming little place located a little 'off-the-beaten-path' serves up generous portions of really authentic tasting Thai dishes served up by a very pleasant and attentive serving staff at reasonable prices! We started with Spring Rolls and a bowl of Won Ton Soup which we intended to share. The rolls were fresh, crisp, hot and very tasty with a wonderful dipping sauce that I'd never had before. The soup was more than enough to satisfy both of us, sharing 8 large wontons that were perfectly cooked and very flavorful. I nearly opted for the Deep Fried Whole Pampano but settled instead for their Cashew Delight while my wife ordered the Ocha Garden dinner, both accompanied by brown rice. I requested their "hot" sauce with my dish and it was exqusite! The 'heat' followed the bite and lingered just long enough to allow you to taste every bit of its flavor but didn't carry with it any of that annoying 'numbing' feeling so often accompanying spicy sauce. The veggies in both dishes were fresh and crispy and very flavorful. Service was attentive and thorough withotu being over solicitous. Don't be put off by what the building looks like on the outside. It's simple and unassuming but the food is absolutely wonderful! We were so pleased that we will definitely mark this one as a 'keeper'!

Been to Thai Ocha? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK