All reviews lake texoma turkey sausage next morning room was clean front desk agent choctaw resort coffee maker hot breakfast stayed one night would stay here again hot tub very nice hotel highway ac microwave truck tx
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Let me start with the only positive thing: the breakfast was good. That's it. Other than that, this hotel has NOTHING going for it.

We walked into our room and I went to the bathroom. I peeked into the shower and there was BLACK MOLD covering the caulking in the shower. I called the front desk and they had us switched to a different room. This room still had mold in the shower. Not *as much* but it was still present. The mattress was extremely hard and the sheets were dirty and thin. The AC unit had cords visibly hanging from the bottom and water dripping from it. The window casing was cracked. The floors in the hallways and breakfast area were extremely dirty, so much so that I was afraid to let my child walk on them. The pool area was ABHORRENT. The pool deck was coming up in chunks and the pool water was cloudy and dirty. The hand rail was dangerously loose and the whole area reeked of sweat. We didn't even attempt to enter the water as I was concerned about health risks.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially families with children. You are much better off at the Hampton Inn across the street.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CaseyM937
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Casey M,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad to know that you had a satisfying breakfast. However, we sincerely apologize for the shortcomings particularly cleanliness of the room and facilities were below par. Rest assured, your feedback will be treated very seriously and we will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope we can welcome you back and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I have stayed in several Holiday Inn Express hotels and have always enjoyed my experience. However, the experience at this hotel was not the same. Upon our arrival, we had hair in several places throughout our shower. The toilet ran nonstop. We were placed in a room right by the elevator which seemed extremely convenient since we were in and out so much. This proved to not be such a good thing. You could constantly hear the elevator at all hours of the night. The gym held only 3 pieces of equipment. It was extremely hot and humid in the gym and the tv was "out of service". The lamp in the room flickered on and off. The beds were decent enough and the rest of the room was clean. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff was friendly.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Carmen M,

Thank you for your loyalty in choosing Holiday Inn Express for your travel needs. We appreciate to hear feedback from our guests as this guides us in monitoring and improving areas that may benefit from additional attention. Please accept our apologies for the issues you had during your stay, especially with the bathroom cleanliness, fitness center and noise disturbance. We will certainly look into these issues to work on areas of improvement and achieve superior guest satisfaction. Should your future travels bring you back to the area, we look forward to serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

I really like everything else about the hotel - good location, non-smoking, huge room, clean, friendly staff, good price. I've literally worked 30 years traveling as a road warrior - hitting all 50 states along the way. Thousands of motels/hotels - but this mattress is like laying on cement. Cheaply made, hard as a rock. (Unless I just got the unlucky room - and the other beds are okay? Either way I can't chance it to come back here for another sleepless night.)

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Rick F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to our mattress. It is truly regrettable that this has affected your overall satisfaction with our hotel. I truly would have preferred you had a more comfortable stay. Nevertheless, rest assured that your comments are taken into serious account and these concerns you have mentioned will be looked into. It is always in our continued efforts to maintain and improve our amenities and services in order to be consistent in giving our valued guests the best hotel experience possible. I do hope that you will give us the chance to make it up to you.

Faith R

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I Stayed at this Hotel rather than the Hilton Gardens (where I usually stay) because this hotel had an indoor pool. When we arrived we discovered that the pool was closed for service, the TV in the exercise room was out- of- service and the coffee was cold ( out of service coffee pot?). The vending machines only sell drinks, no chips, crackers or candy to be found.
To their credit the people at the desk were very nice.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Dear mcficke,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about the front desk service.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the pool closure, fitness center amenities and vending machines. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

I stayed here twice. Once when I attended a concert in Durant OK (it was the cheaper IHG property that a discount I had worked with) and once when movin down to Texas. I had a pleasant time both times. It was very quiet and the breakfast for being free was nice and warm, not stale and not cold. The pancake machine was cool!! The staff was friendly.

Date of stay: June 2015