All reviews lake texoma turkey sausage next morning room was clean front desk agent choctaw resort good nights sleep coffee maker hot breakfast stayed one night would stay here again hot tub very nice hotel highway ac microwave truck
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I really like everything else about the hotel - good location, non-smoking, huge room, clean, friendly staff, good price. I've literally worked 30 years traveling as a road warrior - hitting all 50 states along the way. Thousands of motels/hotels - but this mattress is like laying on cement. Cheaply made, hard as a rock. (Unless I just got the unlucky room - and the other beds are okay? Either way I can't chance it to come back here for another sleepless night.)

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Rick F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to our mattress. It is truly regrettable that this has affected your overall satisfaction with our hotel. I truly would have preferred you had a more comfortable stay. Nevertheless, rest assured that your comments are taken into serious account and these concerns you have mentioned will be looked into. It is always in our continued efforts to maintain and improve our amenities and services in order to be consistent in giving our valued guests the best hotel experience possible. I do hope that you will give us the chance to make it up to you.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I Stayed at this Hotel rather than the Hilton Gardens (where I usually stay) because this hotel had an indoor pool. When we arrived we discovered that the pool was closed for service, the TV in the exercise room was out- of- service and the coffee was cold ( out of service coffee pot?). The vending machines only sell drinks, no chips, crackers or candy to be found.
To their credit the people at the desk were very nice.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Dear mcficke,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about the front desk service.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the pool closure, fitness center amenities and vending machines. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 April 2016

I stayed here twice. Once when I attended a concert in Durant OK (it was the cheaper IHG property that a discount I had worked with) and once when movin down to Texas. I had a pleasant time both times. It was very quiet and the breakfast for being free was nice and warm, not stale and not cold. The pancake machine was cool!! The staff was friendly.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I checked in late and went straight to bed. Check in was quick and breakfast was very good. The room was very clean and the parking was very convenient. No complaints. The AC wasn't very powerful but it was fine.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2016

I stayed at this hotel with a school group. First the good--my room was nice, quite, and when I arrived-clean. The staff was friendly, lobby ok, breakfast about what you would expect. Now the bad--one of the parents with us had a tick on her pillow. Rather than changing the bedding the solution was to simply take the pillow. The second day my room was only partially made--one bed made, coffee not refilled, now new soap, bathroom not cleaned. Just about everyone else in the group had problems of one give or another with housekeeping. Biggest issue was they took towels and then did not provide new ones. The result was we had several rooms at the front desk at midnight trying to get towels so that all the kids could get showers.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Spencer G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Dear Tom V,

This type of feedback is exceptionally rare at our property and immediately grabs our undivided attention. Please accept our sincerest apologize for this experience. We are working closely with our executive housekeeper to hire in new talent, and retrain existing talent to ensure nights like this do not occur. We appreciate your candid feedback and cannot wait to see you next time!

Best regards,