“Like coming home”

Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
Ranked #86 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, but never written a review before, yet every time I leave I am so pleased that I tell myself I simply MUST do so. The staff at this hotel are warm, welcoming, helpful and efficient. I travel constantly for business and that combination is rare. And my room is always spotless, definately making me comfortable it is thoroughly cleaned. Not just a quick sweep theough i feel at some hotels. The location is great for me, convenient to my office but also easy to get to so many fun restaurants and shopping areas. I went to the west village on this last trip. It was so close and so fun. And all of the comments about the train do not bother me at all. I've heard it, but it shuts down at night and has never once affected my sleep. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank abno1
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate the review. The West Village is one of the best places to window shop. Brooks Brothers, Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and Tommy Bahama are wonderful. But the over sized Starbucks finishes off the night...or gives a second wind.
Callan Hamann

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center

Reviewed 11 April 2012

...you will be fine. This is an excellent facility EXCEPT for the pair of train tracks running both in front and behind the hotel. The restaurant served a very enjoyable and varied menu selection. The rooms were clean and well appointed with updated furniture and amenities. The front desk and the breakfast staffs were very helpful and friendly. If you are a light sleeper, however, be prepared to be awakened at least twice per night by the passing trains. There is a major thoroughfare crossing the tracks across the street from the front door, so the trains must sound the horns many times as they approach it...all night long.

1  Thank CPaq01
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear CPaq,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center. I do apologize for the ambient noise in the area surrounding the hotel. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Room was very clean with new carpeting. The hotel unfortunately is right next to the train tracks and regardless of your room location you will hear the trains as they pass by and sound their whistle. Service was good and food was above average. If you're a heavy sleeper stay here with no worries, if not keep searching.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank RyanC78
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Guest,
My staff and I pride ourselves on customer service. Dallas is a large city and being centrally located has both pros and cons. Please note the hotel is not just a two sided structure and we have multiple views and directions to choose from. Please ask for a view away from Market and Downtown. We look forward to a future stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, and was serenaded each night by loud trains every hour, did not sleep much as a result. The room was clean bu run down, and the bathroom smacked of the 1980's. On two days my wake up call did not happen, and it made for some frustrating moments.

I travel a lot, and would not stay here again.

1  Thank Jim N

Dear Guest,
I am sorry your stay was not more enjoyable. We have three sides of the hotel because the building is a triangle. We would be happy to arrange for you to move rooms and even improve your view. Admittedly, not all guests like the bathroom wall texture. But as noted, we provide a clean comfortable guestroom. I had not heard of the other items you had mentioned previously but I do follow up on all feedback. Please consider staying with us again and I am positive your stay will be more than enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We were due to fly back to Kansas City that afternoon but the weather had different thoughts. We scrambled to get a room at our favorite H.I. in the Galleria area but they were booked up. Our travel agency found this one. It was only 3 miles from our facility which at 5 PM was 20 minutes in travel time.
We were recognized as platinum members but we were not offered an upgrade. Frankly, at the time of this review, I do not know if they have suites.

The room was a double bed. Very modern and updated. Had plenty of outlets for us business types with all our hook ups. Of course the regular stuff. Free wifi, fridge, flat screen HDTV,

I was on the 4th floor and you can see Interstate 35 from the window but the noise was minimal.

The neighborhood I can not comment on as I have not "hung" out in this vicinity.

All in all if I was unable to go to my "fav" hotel in Dallas, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for the fourth floor. Seems to be nice and quiet.
1  Thank Woodrow W

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at such a difficult time. I hope we are able to host your stay again soon.