“Great hotel! Friendly attentive staff, wonderful rooms, comfortable beds.”

Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
Ranked #14 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
El Paso, Texas
“Great hotel! Friendly attentive staff, wonderful rooms, comfortable beds.”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Love the cieling fan in the room.
Old world charm and true Texas warmth.
Stayed there on business for 3 days, enjoyed every one of them.
My daughter stayed with me and used the coutesy car to sightsee Dallas.
Class act and classier staff.
Food was fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor in a double. Nice view and above any street noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed here during an event at the convention center.... And it was great! Our room was great! Everything was very nice and comfortable. My only complaint was when we called the shuttle to pick us up from a restaurant a block from the convention center, it took them over an hour to get us because the driver got lost... Yet we told them the exact intersection! Besides that, absolutely no complaints...

• Stayed February 2012
Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My wife and I were in Dallas for a week on business this past January, and chose the Warwick for its historic character and charm. This is not a chrome and glass cookie-cutter hotel chain...it has a stately charm that distinguishes it from the usual big city boxes. This hotel does have some years under its belt, and the hallways may seem a little narrow and dark, but the service is first rank. From the front desk staff to the seamstress we were treated with exceptional friendliness and caring.
We received a special rate for the week of our stay, so the relative smallness of our room (it did have a king-sized bed & writing desk) was compensated for by the excellent price. We enjoyed the Library Bar's cozy, friendly atmosphere, and we found the food in the restaurant particularly good for breakfast. There are a couple of quaint little restaurants nearby that are worth a try...particularly an indian-themed vegan place just down the street.
All-in-all, the Warwick provided a pleasantly distinctive experience in Dallas and we would happily return for another stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Melrose is an elegant, historic, well maintained hotel in the heart of a gay entertainment district. Rooms are very comfortable. I love that they have soft music playing in the room when I arrive. I love the restaurant for Sunday breakfast, although it is great at anytime. "The Library", their bar, is upscale and relaxing. Rooms are comfortable, with great beds. Great touches, such as soft music playing when you enter the room.

My only complaint is the price of parking. The room price is fair until you add a $23 parking fee. Then, the price is not so reasonable. There is plentiful free street parking, so the fee does not make sense.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KevinInSouthBeach
Dallas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was pleasantly surprised for my Valentine/Anniversary celebration with accommodations in their beautiful "Corner King" room with city of Dallas views. When I walked into the room it had the scent of a spa - I love that! There was a spacious sitting area, a couple of full length mirrors and they have a wonderful vanity with stool inside the bathroom. The bed was SO comfy, sheets divine, so I got some much needed rest! I love the flat screen TV, and for me the clock radio with the iPod connection is really convenient because I needed to listen to my song material in preparation for my performance later that evening. Knowing that management and staff always does everything they can to make guests feel special, I was able to experience this first hand during my stay. Saturday nights I sing within the Library bar, a beautiful place that is remisnicent of old Hollywood but with a fresh new twist. The lighting is intimate and provides for a beautiful evening with comfortable seating. We are always celebrating a birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation, etc. I always like to say it is "The place where memories are made" because no matter how big or small, memories are important, and The Library bar and every part of your stay at this hotel creates an environment and an experience that is extra memorable. The hotel just finished renovating the restaurant across the hall and their menu has great selections - the breakfast is delicious! The Warwick Melrose Hotel is located in Uptown, The Oak Lawn and Turtle Creek area, and is minutes away from popular shops,venues, and eatery. Many make it their weekend vacation spot, whether they live down the street, Fort Worth, or out of State. Also, the hotel puts on fabulous events from private parties to weddings! I love this area and this hotel - I highly recommend it for your stay while in Dallas or even your weekend get a way if you live here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple