“A perfect weekend at the Mansion on Turtle Creek”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #14 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 29 February 2012

From the moment we arrived at the hotel, I knew this place was special. I spent the weekend here with my sisters and mother in law. We had the a package through American Express that included continental breakfast and dinner one night. Everything about this hotel was perfection. The rooms, the staff, the restaurant. The entire staff seemed to be waiting to serve us alone (even though the hotel was busy). Absolutely the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in! Room A+, Food A+, Service A+

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Following two weeks of moving from hotel to hotel in Canada and the USA I arrived in Dallas to spend my last night at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. This is truely a beautifull hotel set in a quite residential area.

Arriving by car I was warmly welcomed at the front of the hotel and led inside to to reception for a friendly and professional checkin at the front desk, followed by the porter who on entering the room went out of his way to explain the room amenities to me.

The rooms like the rest of the hotel exude a quite ambience that makes you feel welcome and comfortable. The bar was subdued with a warm and moody feel with great barmen and the dinner, that by the way you can have either in the restaurant or the bar was of excellent quality. Dare I say that after some weeks of "fry's"etc it was a delight to be served what I would describe as ""Cuisine Nouvelle" prepared by a truely professional chef. Wonderfull.

Nothing was a bother to the staff here and I can only say that at any time in Dallas in the future I will be staying here.

Without one of the best hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: I had a room with a small balcony with French doors that was excellent but cannot comment on other r...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray d
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This hotel was spectacular and worth every dollar. Huge, spotless, comfortable rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Free limo service to local restaurants. Spa services were wonderful. Had an amazing dinner in the hotel restaurant. This hotel is first class all the way.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We don't usually stay in 5 star hotels. I am a bargain shopper and usually only get 4 star hotels. We have stayed in tons of resorts all over the US and Caribbean, and I have never stayed in a place that I liked more. Overall, I thought it was great. We only used the bathrobes once, so I'm not sure if they replace them, but the shower and hot water and everything else was great. It is convenient to some places but not all. The bath salts and lotion was a really cool surprise. They even leave cotton balls and cue tips out for you. Not big things, but they made you feel welcome. I told them it was our anniversary and they sent up some chocolate covered strawberries and mango tea. I will most definetly be back.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This property reminds me of the Hotel Bel Air, if you have ever been there. Small, intimate, eclectic with a feel that is more like stepping into a large guest house vs a resort or hotel property. It resides in Turtle Creek which has lovely trails nearby and is close to shopping but not within walking distance. There truly is not alot to do in the immediate vicinity of the Mansion, but a 5-10 minute drive will take to you to the best shopping Dallas has to offer. The staff is helpful and attentive and the restaurant is very nice. Since Dean Fearing left years ago, it has never been the same.

I think this is a wonderful property but for me, the Ritz Carlton Dallas is by far a better choice as the staff, the rooms, the restaurant and the spa really left a lasting impression.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family