New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #64 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Great Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

In areas with overwhelming heat, it was a welcomed surprise to find the room very comfortable. Very clean, evening snacks, friendly staff, very quiet room (couldn't hear freeway or raging storm that came through). Hampton Inns are our go to hotel and this was better than average. There was major road construction going on in front, but since the entrance is from the rear of the property, this was not problem. Hampton has the best bedding!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank sspann
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel was clean, staff was nice and there was a good restaurant next door, but the AC was terrible. 65 degree set point when it's 105 out equals 74 degree room. UGH!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wgliradio
Jeanne N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
We would like to apologize for your stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North and the less than cool temperature in the room. Unfortunately, the air conditioning was broken and we were at the mercy of the repair men. Since it had been in the triple digits for many days, all the air conditioning repair men in Dallas were working non stop and we had to "get in line" with the others and wait for the repairs.

We did offer fans to all out guests, but fully understand that sometimes even this is not acceptable.

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and we now have a cool hotel again.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and if you are ever back this way again, please let me know and I will do my utmost to see that you have a pleasant "Hampton Experience"
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and the air conditioner was either off or turned down. And what kind of hotel provides fans for the rooms, i'll tell you what kind: the kind that has a broken air conditioner. Yeah the staff is nice but no air, come on. I was their with my family for a summer trip. But if i return to the dallas area, i won't be staying there. This is texas and you have to have hard working air.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jamesmjrs

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and we now have a cool hotel again.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Excellent Staff and service
I really enjoyed my stays. breakfast is good. frontdesk is very helpful and very nice. rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Lakeway, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

I have stayed at this Hampton for many years, the staff and mgr are great, however I've never liked or felt safe at the location. I started stayiing there because my colleagues stayed there, I have to admit the happy hour and snacks are enough to be dinner, but location is horrible. I had just filled up my suburban with gas at the station across the street and when i got in the truck the next morning i realized it had been siphoned. When I got in and started the car the check engine light came on and said "fuel cap loose" .. they must have been in a hurry. Also there are always working girls on the corner and in the parking lot..(quite obivous)!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank peatrip
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North. We were dismayed to hear that there were "working girls" in the area. I must tell you that we usually do not have problems of this nature.

We have a security guard that is on constant patrol from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. whose emphasis is to stop anything like this from happening.

If you are back in Dallas again, please give us the opportunity to be your hosts so that you may truly experience a "Hampton stay".