“Good Hotel”

Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #69 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The location is great; it has good interstate access and is nearby plenty of shopping and restaurants. The hotel is an older facility that has received a lobby makeover in relatively recent days, and even though the air conditioner and the toilet were surprisingly loud, the room was definitely adequate. Free Wifi and free parking are also big pluses.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I loved staying here! We booked 3 nights and EVERYTHING was perfect. From the bed to the food to the staff, every little and big thing was just great. I've stayed at the cheapest hotels and I've stayed at some really nice ones too: everything from Motel 6 and La Quinta to the Ritz Carlton and the Four Seasons. This hotel has the quality of service and staff that the Ritz and Four Seasons had...helpful, polite, happy. The beds are super comfy, the rooms have plenty of space and are very clean. You can tell the hotel is VERY well maintained. I can't say enough how happy I am to have found this spot, we'll definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2012
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your compliments on our hotel and service you received from our staff. It was a delight to receive such a favorable response and equally as exciting to share with our entire team.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

The hotel itself is centrally located in the north Dallas area w/ easy access to major roads. Around the hotel are several dining and shopping options (but a car is needed to access them). Parking and wi-fi were free. The hotel staff was friendly. I prepaid online through Priceline, and everything was correct w/ the bill when I checked out (which is nice considering how many times I've had to go to the lobby to correct bills).
The hotel itself has a spacious lobby. The room was clean and updated. There was a party in the room across the hall from me, however, once I was in my room I could not hear them, so I give the hotel points for sound control.
The only reason I did not give this a 5 star instead of a 4 is that there was no mini-fridge in the room which would have been nice. Overall, I'd recommend this and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton
Dallas Near the Galleria. We are so pleased that you had good service from our team and enjoyed your stay with quiet and comfort. We certainly appreciate you selecting our hotel and look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Makes me a bit sad sometimes when I see a well run hotel, with quality common areas, a good restaurant especially for breakfast, and well appointed rooms rated average by reviewers. I read the reviews and stayed here anyways, given the great room rate and proximity to my meeting location. I could not be happier with my choice - stayed three nights and could not have been more pleased. The staff, from front desk to wait staff to shuttle drivers were all first class. The hotel is not really well located, sort of behind a Walmart, near the LBJ Parkway and a mile away from the Galleria. But that is my only complaint. My room was comfortable with a flat screen TV, quality shower, well functioning air system, and comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel for anyone requiring a stay north of downtown Dallas. It's also within 20 minutes of DFW airport. Go to this Doubletree and you'll get more than just a good chocolate chip cookie.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service from our staff. We we delighted with your sentence, "Go to this Doubletree and you'll get more than just a good chocolate chip cookie".

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Our hockey recently stayed at the hotel for a Dallas tournament. The hotel is older, but clean. It appears that it was recently remodeled. Their continental breakfast was very good and well serviced. The staff was great, though the hotel was hosting several events and they did not have enough wait staff to accommodate the needs of everyone. There were more than two hockey teams on the premises, plus a Nerium convention. The hotel could have made a lot of money in food and beverage if they had staffed accordingly.

The maid service was excellent and the beds were clean and comfortable. The wood blocks used to prop up the bed frames weren't appealing. The TV's in the room are large but do not come with HD. The channel selection is also limited.

The room was overpriced. They charge our team $99 each, when you could go on to any travel site and get the same room (with breakfast) for less. It would seem you would get a discount for buying more rooms. But that wasn't the case. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to express your positive experiences as well as pointing out issues that were of concern during your stay. We anticipated the demand for breakfast but not during a dinner break that the Nerium Group did with an hour turn around time. In regard to the bed risors we determined that a previous guest had requested the bed have leg blocks added and we inadvertently failed to remove them at departure. The room rate that was contracted with your hockey team was done by a travel company who receives a commission and collects a rebate to assist in the support of the cost of the ice arena for the games. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. I hope you consider selecting us again if or when you return to Farmers Branch for a Hockey Tournament.