New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown

Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown
Ranked #52 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Boutique Quality and Budget Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

The Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown was a delightful surprise. I was in Dallas for a concert and needed a place to stay close to the Wiley Center for Performing Arts and just found the Indigo and decided, well - it is only for one night - when I arrived, I was impressed by the lovely reception area and when saw my room, I was completely sold! I really wanted to just hang out in my gorgeous room and watch movies instead of going to the concert! The bed was fantastic, I slept like a baby, something I rarely am able to do, the furnishings are really nice in the room, there is a little sitting area with desk, chair and couch in a separate area as well. The bathroom was very clean with nice towels. What more could you ask for at such a reasonable rate? I was less than 5 minutes from the venue. I had dinner and breakfast via room service, both were excellent and nicely appointed. I'd love to go back to the Indigo and will look for more locations in my travels. If you are looking for something nicer and a little livelier than a Holiday Inn, check in to the Indigo, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a floor that doesn't have an IceMaker and vending for more peace and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Didi R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Trendy boutique-ish hotel with bright, colorful, funky decor, located in restored space in an older building in downtown Dallas. Very clean hotel, friendly and courteous staff. The beds were comfy and I slept like a happy, quiet, dead log every night. The hotel room that I had (2 queens) had almost no available floor space (see photo with review - sorry no natural light, daylight makes the room look MUCH brighter and cheerier) and the TV in the room was smaller than the monitor that I have on my desk - otherwise the room and furnishings were clean and everything worked properly. Interesting thing to note: there was no furniture in the room with drawers to store anything, and there wasn't any kind of rack to stow a suitcase. Closet space was provided in the bathroom with ample hangers so it really wan't an issue for me since I was flying solo on this trip. I would absolutely stay here again if traveling by myself. The combo of limited floor space and no storage makes me question how great it would be with 2 people in the room for a week. I can just see my wife and I bumping into each other like 2 of the 3 stooges (assuming all the rooms are similar)!

Decent location: I walked to my business destination down in the Museum District in about 15 minutes each day. The hotel also provides a free shuttle that will drop off / pick up in a 3 mile radius. If you walk to/from this hotel to/from the west end, use Elm and avoid Pacific.

Restaurant: Indigo has a dining area on the ground floor. By 7am each day they were pretty packed so get there at 6:30 when they open. On check-in I received coupons for breakfast and for a free drink at the bar each night (bonus!). Hot breakfast options were simple but very good for complimentary fare: eggs/bacon/potatoes/toast, pancakes, oatmeal, etc. The service seems to take a little while to make it's way around. After the first day when no one came back to fill up water glasses and coffee (30 minutes in the restaurant), the next day I simply asked for 2 glasses of water the first time I saw the wait staff and it was fine.

The gym was very small and limited, however - for $5 per day, I highly recommend that you simply take a 2 minute walk over the 2nd floor sky bridge to the Elevation gym and get yourself a day pass. Excellent gym: open 5am-9pm, free weights, etc.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not located right next to the elevators. On the floor I stayed on there was...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you AH for taking the time to leave a detail review. It helps a hotel improve when we receive such feedback. I will share with my staff. Have a good weekend.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

For my birthday party I made a reservation at Hotel Indigo for a King Suite hoping to find a place to celebrate my birthday. It was hard to find a place in Downtown Dallas that wouldn't required a minimum amount of less than 1500; I didn't have a big budget for my party so as a last resort I sent an email to the special events coordinator explaining the situation. She came back to me saying that they could work with my budget and set up a beautiful party for me. My friends and I had a blast!
Now to the stay part. The King Suite was excellent, the furniture and decorations were very tasteful, everything was clean and perfect; all the staff was helpful and friendly recommended a few places we could go for the after party.
The location and price of the hotel is the best for downtown Dallas, a lot of the people on my party have recommended this hotel to their co-workers that need to stay near the downtown area for business.
Valet parking is 20.00 per night but there isn't really a need for valet since there is a parking garage right across street that costs 4.00 or 12.00 for overnight stay.
Free Wi-Fi (this is important for me)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sohuggeidy
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Happy Birthday Sohuggiedy! Ellease is the person who assisted you with your arrangements. I have shared your comments. Have a great year.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo in October 2011 whilst travelling though America for a month. It was by far the best hotel I stayed at. The rooms were spotless, staff friendly and it's in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Kind words that we appreciate.
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I am a frequent traveler to Dallas. I have stayed at several hotels, but on my last trip I found the hotel of my dreams, so to speak. From the front desk greeting I received, to the restaurant staff, to room service and last, but certainly not least, from the General Manager. I have been catered to and made to feel like this hotel is my home away from home. They had a wonderful mixer for hotel guests and the food was outstanding; there was live music and everyone was chilling and relaxing! The room was ultra clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff, every single member of the staff, was ready to help in anyway possible. I will be staying at this hotel every two weeks throughout the rest of this year, and am so glad to find a "home away from home". Believe me! I am picky and I could not find one negative. Stay at this hotel!!!

Room Tip: If you stay at the Hotel Indigo in Dallas, any room will be a good room! It's all about custome...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Kind words Katherine D. I remember you because you said you would be coming back so often. Stop by and say hello next time you are here. I will share you comments with staff.