“Great staff and sexy Manager”

Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown
Ranked #48 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Los Angeles, California
“Great staff and sexy Manager”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

The manager was training a new girl last week when I was there. My room was not ready so the manager bought me a couple drinks. She was kind, professional and very sexy. Great smile!
tylersix6@yahoo.com

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tyler t
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you Tylert-Have a good week.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed at Hotel Indigo once before in a suite and loved it! This time, I booked a regular double room and was pretty disappointed. First, we arrived on Friday night and had trouble valeting our car. The guy didn't seem to be in a hurry even though there were 3 cars in line for valet (we were car #3). Since we were checking in, we were told to wait for valet rather than handing off our keys at the front desk. We sat outside and waited our turn only to have the valet guy pass us up and go inside where he took the keys of the guy in line behind us. The valet staff on Saturday and Sunday were MUCH better (and professionally dressed while the valet guy on Friday night was not).

My second complaint is that, on our first night, we received a phone call from the front desk stating that they had received a noise complaint on us. This was disturbing because we were honestly just sitting in our room discussing our plans for the next day. No TV, no radio. Just talking...without any laughter. We were informed that the walls were very thin. Later, we realized just how thin they were as we could hear entire conversations taking place in the hall.

My last issue with this stay was the toilet. Every time it was flushed, it made a high pitched squealing noise.

Other than those issues, the hotel is bright and cheerful. Beds are reasonably comfortable. Shower pressure is great. And they have a nice casual restaurant in the lobby. While I loved it after my first stay, this second stay will probably keep me from going back again.

Room Tip: Had no noise issues with a suite on first stay, but regular double rooms are very loud due to thin w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Hniki234-Thank you for the comments. We certainly do not want to be hit or miss on service. I would like you to contact me directly if possible. I will fix this for you. Have a good week.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We bought a Groupon and stayed last night. Apparently they don't like those guests, because the valet and cafe attemdant were the only friendly or helpful staff we encountered. I got a call the morning of our stay letting me know that even though the deal reserved a King Suite, and I booked a month in advance, they gave all those rooms to stay-overs. She offered that I could change my reservation date or take a queen suite, so we did. The rooms were nice, but the bedroom area so small you have to shuffle between the bed and dresser to get to the other side. Comfortable bed though. They offered strawberries and champagne for the inconvenience of the room change, then were so late on the promised delivery time that we had to leave without them. I asked the front desk for a food recommendation for after the hockey game we were in town for, and she pulled out a large unorganized file box and told me to go through it and call places to see when they closed. Our room keys stopped working and we had to go downstairs for new ones- twice. They never apologized for a single issue. I wish I had paid full price for any other hotel, than spent my trip disappointed.

• Stayed February 2012
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thanks for your time Tgonzales12. I do apologize these issues have occurred and I was not aware of them to take action. I would like you to contact me directly so I can address them. I hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice week.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel is adorable!! My daughter & I went to Dallas the end of February for the NCA Cheer competition (1st place by the way;D).
Our room, we had an end room so it is long & skinny with a bed on each end. Cool set up. Adorable decor. The beds are VERY comfy!! Pillows too! The bathrooms are fine. All very clean. Everything we needed.
The walls, well, we could actually hear the conversations our neighbors had, normal conversations, not yelling! Paper thin walls. Gaps around all the doors so the light & noise comes in there too. I had to stuff a towel in the cracks because the hall light came in all around the door & lit up one of the beds. I tried to keep the fan on on the heating/cooling system all night, but it wouldn't work that way. Fortunately, the noise stopped around midnight on our floor, so we could sleep after that :D. Well, we were on the 13th floor & the road traffic was pretty loud too. I remember different vehicles waking us up now that I think about it.
I had never been Dallas, TX so I didn't want to worry with a car & getting lost. The free shuttle here is great, they take you anywhere w/in 3 miles & they give you a card & you call them & they come pick you up & bring you back. This was awesome! My longest wait was 10 minutes.
There are a few restaurants easy to walk to.
The lobby bar is a restaurant too. Kind of expensive - but convenient & cute. We ate breakfast there every morning including when rushing out to catch a plane, they hurried to make some eggs for us. Very nice! Adorable area - pleasant to sit in.
They have a computer & printer in the lobby you can use to print your boarding passes or schedules. That was nice. They do have wifi but I didn't find that it worked well.
Other than the walls being so thin, this was a great stay.

Room Tip: Get up high & far away from elevator traffic to try to avoid some of the noise :D
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for sharing chrysb. We appreciate your taking time to write to tell us the good, and the things we need to look at going forward. I will share you comments with staff and ownership. The cheer competitors was a great bunch to have in house. Have a great weekend.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

During my stay I had a wonderful encounter with Meme when I checked in she provided me with a take out menu when I explained I was starving. She made sure I was all set for my stay.
After I checked out of the hotel I grabbed the complementary shuttle to take for my interview. During the ride the gentleman named Franklin gave me his card and told me if I needed a taxi after he would be glad to get me one. I called him after the interview and sure enough he got me the taxi. To top it off he called to make sure I was in the taxi and I was being taken care of. That is what I call stepping above and beyond the call of customer service. Thanks again to everyone who made my trip amazing!

• Stayed February 2012
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you TeaseChef. I will share your comment with Meme and Franklin. We hope to see you again.