2,479 results
All reviews tony bennett pyramid restaurant gold floor president's club arts district north tower walk in closet perot museum concierge desk lobby bar room service valet parking rooftop pool beautiful hotel valet service enjoyed my stay business trip
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a conference the last few days. Our visit was overall pleasant. The conference rooms, lunches, etc. were all great. The staff was pretty good at keeping up with clean up from conference attendees. The hotel room was overall nice with plenty of room. The bathroom was disappointing in that it was small and the shower curtain hooks were rusted. Not a big deal, but would expect a luxury hotel could afford new hooks. Would have liked a fridge in the hotel room, which I feel should be in all luxury hotel rooms. The main issue I had with our stay was their lack of information regarding their pet policy when we made the reservation and the woman that checked us in (I wish I had gotten her name so I could report her terrible customer service to management). When we booked our reservation, we asked about their pet policy and was informed they do allow pets, so we let them know we’d be traveling with a small dog. The person making the reservation mentioned no other details about their pet policy. At check-in, the woman had us read and sign a form for their pet policy. Come to find out, the pet cannot be left unattended in the room (even if crated or in an enclosure). We let the woman know that we were attending the conference, so while in meetings, we were planning to leave our dog in the room (in an enclosure). We have done this many times before and it has never been an issue. The woman said it’s against policy because if they bark it disturbs others. Understandable, although not a concern for us because our dog travels with us all the time and barking isn’t an issue. I asked what would happen if we left our dog in the room, and the woman said they would call us to remove her from the room. I told her we’re here for the conference and don’t have a choice and all she could say was that she was informing us of the policy, all while not making eye contact and just continuing to check us in and try to tell us where things were located in the hotel (which we obviously weren’t able to listen to because we were trying to figure out a plan). The problem they created by not telling us their pet policy in advance was apparently not her problem, and it was very clear she just wanted to get us checked in and move on. Terrible customer service for a luxury hotel in my opinion. We should have been informed of their full pet policy in advance so we could book elsewhere. Not to mention, they have NO GRASS in close proximity for quick dog pottying. Luckily, I brought a backpack thing made to carry a dog in, so I then had to take our dog along to the meetings, which luckily this was a vet conference. To end on a good note, their valet service is the best thing about this hotel. They help unload luggage, take it up to your room, and come to the room to load up your luggage when you’re ready to leave and of course park your car. The valet is pricey, but probably worth it for the level of service they provide.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
FairmontDallas, Manager at Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and wanted to let you know we will be reviewing how our pet policy is communicated and retraining in areas required. Again, we regret that you did not receive our exemplary customer service and hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again, soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

5 star all. of. the. way!

The venue is unbelievable for a conference (this place is enormous!)

I loved their food, drinks (mmm, that TEA!), snacks, etc.

The customer service was *impeccable*

We were walking distance from a variety of things to see.

In short, what an experience. Thank you, Fairmont!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
FairmontDallas, Manager at Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review, Rhonda! We are so glad you enjoyed your conference with us and that our exemplary staff took such great care of you. We hope you will get to visit us again, soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Went there on business for one night on a Wednesday. Staff was nice, check in was easy. Neighborhood is just ok, not much to do around. The hotel itself is getting old though and some serious upgrades are needed... I even got stuck in one of the elevators twice! For like 30 seconds each time but it felt like forever! Hopefully they’ve fixed the issues since then. I’ve tried many Fairmonts in the past and that’s probably the least appealing I would say. I wouldn’t go back if I had the choice.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're pleased to hear that our exemplary staff took such great care of you. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced with the elevators and assure you that we will be looking into it. Many of our rooms have been recently remodeled and we hope that you'll have an opportunity to stay in one of our Gold Level rooms for a premier experience should you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont for Texas vs. OU weekend. When we checked in, my husband mentioned that we were celebrating my birthday. When we returned to our room after dinner, we had a note that told us to call the front desk for a "gift." My husband called, and we were so surprised to have a very nice man deliver us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The staff made me (us) feel very special! We found that all the employees we came in contact with were very attentive.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
FairmontDallas, Manager at Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Donna, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Birthday with us and that our exemplary staff was so attentive! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we hope we get the pleasure of seeing you again so that we may have the chance to earn that last star.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I booked a three nights stay to celebrate my partner birthday. I initially booked a deluxe room but decided to upgrade to a Gold room because it was refurbished room. I must say that the room and the bathroom is spacious and comfortable. I read on this site that guests were raving about the Pyramid restaurant but in my views it was nothing exceptional as far as buffet breakfast is concerned. It was nice but it.

I liked the hotel little touches where the toiletries have been personalised. Unfortunately on day two I had a bottle of shampoo with someone else name, it did not matter to me even though I would not like it if it was a bottle with my name on it.

It’s a nice, comfortable hotel in a great location. Walking distance to JFK museum and short drive to various restaurants including Thai.

The main issue with the hotel is communication between front desk and room service. We waited for 3/4 hours to receive the welcome gift and when it did arrive it was not complete but thanks to Kyle Frickie (new manager and very helpful) he has gone out of his way to make our weekend special and he sorted couple of issues promptly. Because of his professional attitude I would book the hotel again if I happen to be in Dallas.

Room Tip: Golden room I had was located on North Tower, floor 19. Lounge is located on 18th floor.
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hafida S
FairmontDallas, Manager at Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review and feedback, Hafida! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Kyle took such wonderful care of you. We hope we get the pleasure of having you visit us again soon.