“Great store”

Ranked #1 of 3,982 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Anything Italian that’s good you will find here
Older eclectic brings back memories of times past
Very busy at lunch time

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Whenever I go to Jimmy's, I must make the entire circuit to look for new arrivals or that gem tucked away in a corner. For the first time in 12 years shopping there, I stopped to have a sub and a glass of wine. It was like I imagine a trip to a spa. Totally refreshed, I went on to place my meat and cheese orders and grab a bottle at a great price. I needed some help with an item, and one of the brothers (owners) came to my assistance. They are full service and know every product thoroughly. My secret luxury is to buy a frozen sleeve of Ferrara's (NY) cannoli filling and eat it out of the bag; no need for a shell! After my first trip to Italy this fall, I know I will return here to sample Italian wines two at a time!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This food store not only has authentic Italian groceries, it also has a great butcher and serves amazing sandwiches.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I've only been for cooking supplies, although the deli and wine areas look very complete and are always attracting a crowd. Great place to get interesting pasta, pesto and sauces along with a big supply of frozen raviolis to keep on hand when you don't want to cook. Very friendly and helpful staff. Just fun to look around too.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Jimmy’s is a longstanding spot in old East Dallas for true Italian. Whether you are looking for recipe ingredients or a bite of lunch on the sidewalk away from scrubbed yuppie establishments Jimmy’s will not disappoint. Parking is a challenge at times because of its neighborhood corner location, but you’ll find room between a Mercedes and a Harley to shop or stay.