“Una bella struttura ma una brutta esperienza...”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #46 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I was 28 and March 29 with a work colleague and we found the hotel nice, although I really liked the entrance area with toilet room without a door open ...
The next morning in the lobby bar we asked for two coffees and after 30 minutes we went away without receiving the coffee and this thing was not much appreciated by my colleague. the evening to return to the hotel no one said anything as if nothing had happened. The next morning we asked two other in-room coffee and 35 minutes after we called did not come because nothing in the room (in fact the bill came with the coffee of the day before that we never received. This makes me realize that there is communication between departments and also lack of professionalism in serving the guest, even in hotels because usually you sell services and if these are lacking something gets? Then after several requests we were able to speak to the manager who asked us to apologize 'happened. I would love to thank the Director for his apology but it was all'occorrente the first day of what had happened, perhaps the second day there was no need to apologize. it might have pleased the service of two customers who pay regular fee for a service ... Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
wdallas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Ciao e grazie per rimanere con noi durante il vostro viaggio d'affari (Hello and thank you for staying with us during your business trip). We are happy you loved the structure of the hotel and apologize for your bad experience. I have spoken to the departments that handle guest orders and found the problem in our system. We pride ourselves in delivering the best guest experience and we apologize for falling short in this regards. For future reference, we offer our guests free coffee in our Living Room Bar everyday for those guests that are in a rush. Please let me know if you have any concerns regarding your billing and feel free to reach out to me the next time you visit. We will make sure your coffee is ready for you. gmthomas.caramucci@whotels.com

Arrivederci,
Thomas Caramucci – General Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while on business and it's a beautiful swanky hotel (expected nothing less from the W). I thought the reception area was located in a weird place (the staff is not facing you as you walk in). I didn't get the room I reserved (King bed) but I just went back down to reception to get the correct room and it worked out fine. Lighting in all W hotels is very dim and that would be my only complaint. I like nicely lit, airy rooms but the room only had enough light during the daytime. We ate at Craft one night which I LOVED. Deliciously prepared dishes with food that's from local farms. There are also good restaurant options which are a short stroll away so I would definitely stay here again if I'm in Dallas for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank yabutravels
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The W Victory Dallas has all of the essentials of a top full service hotel- location, great restaurants, exceptional cleanliness and energized atmosphere. The rooms are of good size and decor is very modern. Room amenities are from their own Bliss spa and have everything from foaming facial scrub to luxe body lotion. The hotel restaurant is 'craft' featuring only seasonal fresh ingredients and no sauces. My favorite feature of the hotel was the fitness center located on the 17 floor with a panoramic view of the Dallas skyline. The lobby bar is fun and funky and has a club feel after dark. I would stay here for business or leisure and never consider another hotel when visiting Dallas .

• Stayed: March 2012
wdallas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Hello Penny! We are thrilled that your stay with W Dallas-Victory was a fabulous one! Our goal is that each guest enjoys everything we have to offer from the moment they walk in. Bliss Spa has amazing products and we only server top quality food. W hotel offers an escape even when you work out…glad the panoramic view made your workout a pleasant one. We can’t wait to have you back! See you super soon!

All the best, Thomas Caramucci – General Manager

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Modern hotel. I don't like this new W layout where the bathroom and the room are in the same space and where you enter the room through the bathroom - makes me feel like I'm sleeping in the bathroom. That said, the room and amenities were as expected with a W Hotel: nice bed, Bliss products, good shower and fast Internet. Gym was modern and well maintained, room service ok and concierge helpful.

Doesn't feel particularly luxurious but good for business travel.

Room Tip: Across the street from American Airlines arena.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

We are happy that you chose to stay with us during your business trip and thank you for your comments. The W Dallas guestroom design strives to obtain an element of the "unexpected" or "Wow" factor as one enters the room. The intentional elimination of the bathroom walls aims to enhance the bath experience as an extension of the bedroom area and vice versa. The open plan concept offers the guest a chance to be part of a bigger experience (i.e. view of the city beyond and natural light from the exterior window). For future reference we do have a curtain that creates an instant division. Visiting W Dallas-Victory is an escape and we are glad that you enjoyed your trip. We look forward to having you stay with us soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

The people who worked there were so chic I thought they might be actors. The low voltage blue lights set a seriously sophisticated mood. The guests that were drawn to the property fit right in. The food was excellent. Craft Steakhouse (great) was on premises, as was the ghost bar (great). There is a real full service spa and a roof top pool. The rooms are funky and modern. The suites are huge. This is not your dad's hotel. I stay here every time I'm in Dallas

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
wdallas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Thank you for always staying at W Dallas-Victory hotel each time you visit Dallas. We love to have you here and are extremely happy that you enjoy all the amazing features the hotel offers. The W brand is all about the senses. The design of the hotel and lighting definitely set the tone for our guests. We can’t wait to have you back. See you soon!

All the best,