“only wished that it was larger!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 229 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance offers a core exhibit that exposes three key events that occurred on "One Day During the Holocaust". A special travelling exhibit, video graphed eyewitness testimonies of survivors, and artifacts offer visitors a well-rounded understanding of this horrific part of world history. Visitors leave the Museum with answers to the question, how could this happen? Due to the somber topic and graphic historical photographs in the exhibits, the Museum is not recommended for children under the age of 10. However, parents should note that this Museum hosts more than 30,000 school children each year. The audio guided tour teaches the differences between bystander and Upstander behavior and the value of choices.
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“only wished that it was larger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

We were staying at a downtown hotel and we had wanted to do some walking and site seeing before we left Dallas. My hubby found the museum. Its small and wished it had been bigger but the lasting affect still lingers inside you when you leave. We just happened to meet TWO survivors and I felt so blessed and lucky to have. I am a WWII history lover and this is the closest I have ever come to.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank LEESA G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chicago, Illinois
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Historical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

This place is filled with artifacts and much history. The museum and the experience itself is one that you won't forget. If you are lucky there might be book signings from those who are survivors of the holocaust or children of the survivors. Check their calender to see what special events are happening. The museum is organized and the staff is very polite. There is so much to see and read about that it will take you a while to make your way through the museum.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank mr3361
Central Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“This isn't exactly the kind of "attraction" that makes you feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

all warm and fuzzy but, it's not intended to. What this museum does do effectively is remind you of the atrocities that happened in the 1930's and 1940's in Nazi era Germany. I highly recommend setting aside a 1-2 hours to visit this riveting and humbling small museum and I HIGHLY recommend taking your children.

Visited August 2011
6 Thank MBgal330
Mendon, IL
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Overpriced for three rooms with few artifacts and small amount of info”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I took my family to this museum to teach my children about this very horrific time in world history. We spent only about forty five minutes here. I was suprised about the small size, lack of artifacts, and lack of info. The whole museum consists of three rooms. The info was well done, just not enough of it. I expected a little more for the price of admission.

Visited July 2011
6 Thank 1brent
Big Spring, TX
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Glad we went!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I had always wanted to go here when I was in Dallas, but never got to that area of Dallas. We ended up in the West End District for the Accidental Mummies Exhibit and thought it was the perfect time to go. So glad I did. My daughter and I found very educational and enjoyed it. There were those audio wands that had extra information to add to the exhibits.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Janet79720

Been to Dallas Holocaust Museum? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK