“Home away from Home”

Ranked #2 of 24 Dallas B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stay at the Corinthian B&B at least 1-2 times per month and everytime it is always delightful. Gia and Dan go the extra mile to ensure that every guest is accomodated for in every way. The rooms are awesome and the breakfast is scrumptuous (not to mention the homeade cookies and breads that are available 24/7). I love that I can come to Dallas and have a home away from home. When you travel like I do and can find a place like this instead of "another" hotel, it is such a treat:-)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank txtina2222
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Caribbean
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Corinthian B&B is a beautiful old home in a rather run down area of Dallas (near Baylor Medical facilities). After exiting the freeway and continuing toward the B&B, we were a bit distressed by the run-down area. Every store had bars on the windows, just didn't look safe or friendly at all. This appears to be an area in transition. A block or two away in the opposite direction there are brand-new apartments and condos (near Baylor). We pressed on and found the B&B, a surprise in this run-down area.

The B&B has a beautiful backyard and porch, nice reception area & parlor.

The reception felt "anxious". We were greeted by two innkeepers, one seemed very anxious to show us the facilities in a big hurry. The rooms are lovely, well decorated. The bathroom was beautiful and entirely remodeled with a huge shower and jacuzzi tub.

We were told breakfast was at 9 a.m. the next morning, downstairs, at a communal table. We were in for a quiet romantic weekend. I don't like being told I have to eat at 9 a.m. and that I have to eat with people I don't know. Other B&B's offer a starting time for breakfast or the option of room service. Given this, breakfast was okay. Freshly prepared and plenty offered.

However, we were distressed to discover upon returning to our room that housekeeping had already stripped our bed and made the room ready for the next guest. After returning from breakfast we had planned to relax a bit after breakfast and before leaving, but after seeing the bed was freshly made and the room cleaned, we felt entirely unwelcome. It seemed quite apparent that they were in a hurry for us to depart. We noticed the other couple we had eaten breakfast with also left within a couple of minutes. We felt disappointed and truthfully annoyed. So we left feeling a bit unsettled and as though the inn was happy for us to get out as quickly as possible.

PROS:
1) Large, lovely well-done rooms with period antiques and decor.
2) Up-to-date amenities including huge shower and jacuzzi tub.
3) Beautiful, soft sheets & great pillows.
4) Comfortable bed.
5) Good B&B style breakfast.
6) Relaxing atmosphere. It was very quiet and peaceful. We could hear birds chirping and hear the wind blowing in the trees.

CONS:
1) Our room felt a bit tired in spots (bedspread coverlet was unraveling on the sides and was a bit grubby in spots).
2) Too much light in the room to sleep well. Even after closing every shade (and there were a lot of windows), the room was still too bright to rest well. There was light coming in from the hallway also (even after dimming some lights out in the hall).
3) Squeeky bed. We were in the main house and for obvious reasons, a squeeky bed is a bit awkward for privacy reasons.
4) The open shower was cold and drafty. The shower head is DIRECTLY above and blasts down on your head like a harsh water hose. No door on the shower, no curtain. But great water pressure.
5) Room being cleaned while we were eating breakfast. It felt like hospitality ended when we walked downstairs for breakfast. Not relaxing to come back and find your room cleaned and ready for the next guest... especially since our bags and personal items were still in the room.

For a B&B and at this price (over $150 in a downtown area with no view), though we rested well, we didn't feel entirely welcome.

Will we return: No: due to factors mentioned above and due to distressed, run-down area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank LuReeBa
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2011

After I have read the good reviews at TripAdvisor, I decided to choose this place for my 3 day business trip to Dallas. When I called for the reservation, I learned from the receptionist that the breakfast service starts at 9 am. I explained to him this is kind of late for me as I will have meetings early in the morning. He just said there is nothing they can do and hung up the phone on me. Plain simple! Not even bothering to hear what I would decide to do. I called for a second time and even left a message, the receptionist did not care to return back to me.

So, I do not know whether the hotel is clean, location is good, etc (I could not have a chance to observe, as you see) but I think the general attitude towards customers on the phone is not very much satisfactory..

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank Lemi86
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Beautiful rooms and incredible breakfast. Really first rate service and wonderful extra touches. I have stayed on two separate occasions and both trips were nothing short of delightful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeri381
Dallas TX
Reviewed 1 September 2010

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Dallas and I can't say enough about this place. A real hidden gem. The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of space. The breakfast was amazing, still trying to find the recipe for the egg dish. We will certainly be heading back to the Corinthian.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business