“HORRIBLE customer service. Will cancel on you day of.”
Review of Nick & Sam's

Nick & Sam's
Reserve a table
Wed, 14/04
20:00
Ranked #84 of 4,023 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Cross street: Carlisle
Description: Situated minutes from Downtown, Nick & Sam’s is a contemporary steakhouse featuring selections of prime meats as well as American and Australian Kobe and a variety of seafood. We offer a mostly American wine list of over 400 labels plus an international selection, with 20 wines by the glass. USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
Reviewed 10 March 2021

I submitted the following complaint to Nick and Sam's website over a month ago, and NEVER heard back from them, which is not surprising after what I have already experienced with this restaurant and their lack of customer service.

I would like to draw attention to, and speak to someone about, the unacceptable customer service provided by Nick and Sam's steakhouse in Uptown this past Saturday, January 30th 2021. I made a reservation for a party of 7 on 1/19/21 for 1/30/21 to celebrate a friend's birthday. The reservation was under (retracted.) We had friends coming in from out of town and planned our entire weekend around this reservation. None of us had ever been to Nick and Sam's, and we were incredibly excited about the birthday experience we've seen all over social media.
I called Nick and Sam's Uptown at 1:49 PM on Saturday 1/30 to confirm if we needed to pre-order a slice of the birthday cake, or if we could order at the restaurant. There was no answer, which I assumed was because the restaurant does not open until 4:00.
I received a call from Nick and Sam's at 2:56 PM, which I missed because I was on another call. At 3:09 PM I called the restaurant back, which is when they informed me that our reservation was being cancelled. They said that someone from the CDC had visited their restaurant the night before, told them they were over capacity, and that they needed to adhere to the CDC guidelines of 50% capacity. I would like to first point out the error of not following CDC guidelines, this error being completely on the restaurant itself. I asked how they had chosen which reservations needed to be cancelled, informed them that our entire birthday weekend plans had been made around this reservation, and was told there was "nothing they can do." If the CDC had visited Friday night, 1/29, I should have been given a call on Friday to inform me of the issue, and there should have been a contingency plan in place. Instead I wasn't given a call until roughly 3 PM, a few hours before my reservation, which left us little to no time to make other plans, especially on a Saturday night given the pandemic environment. I asked whoever I spoke to if they would call the other Nick and Sam's location and that we should be given priority seating there due to the restaurant's error. The woman on the phone told me should would give them a call, and call me back as soon as she had an answer. I NEVER received a call back. I took matters into my own hands and called the other location myself. By the luck of my timing, the Nick and Sam's Grill on Preston had a cancellation and could get my party in at 8:00 PM. Nick and Sam's Uptown NEVER called me back to confirm anything. If I hadn't called the Grill on my own, we would have been left without a reservation.
Not only were the errors of Nick and Sam's Uptown incredibly unprofessional, but the lack of trying to make up for their mistake and unresponsive communication was completely unacceptable. We were very thankful for Nick and Sam's Grill squeezing us in at the last minute, only because I called them on my own, however the experience was nowhere near the same upscale and exciting experience we had been planning for. The Grill is a much more casual atmosphere, and we were charged for 100% of the meal, including the birthday dessert. I have never experienced such a lack of customer service as I did from Nick and Sam's Uptown. Is truly unacceptable for a restaurant of this caliber, popularity, and price tag. I wanted to give the restaurant the opportunity to speak to me directly, rather than taking to reviews and social media to complain about this experience.

I gave them that opportunity, and they did not take it. To this day, they have NEVER gotten back to me. Others deserve to know the kind of place this is.

Date of visit: January 2021
5  Thank Bridemarco
Write a reviewReviews (664)

Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

So let me start by saying we are huge foodies and are fortunate enough to travel the world and experience various high end restaurants. It takes a lot to exceed my expectations and Nick and Sam’s did just that.

We were celebrating my husband’s birthday and they went all all out! The service, the food, the ambiance and the overall vibe could not have been better! They had a piano player that really set the mood. The rainbow cake and cotton candy were the perfect way to celebrate!

This is one of my new fave place in the world to dine and we plan on coming back to visit as often as we can get back to Dallas!

Don’t hesitate to dine here, it’s simply the best!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Wander_Lust_NWA
Reviewed 13 January 2021 via mobile

We had a beautiful 60th birthday for my wife which included 15 members of family & friends. Our experience at Nick & Sams was exceptional. The staff treated us like royalty & the food was exquisite. I would state this beautiful steakhouse is one of my favorites in the world. It’s a wonderful combination of exceptional environment, a beautiful facility, a wonderful dining experience the the chefs out did themselves. Our party thoroughly enjoyed our dinner & birthday party at Nick & Sams.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 28 December 2020

My experience at Nick and Sams' was supreme! We were celebrating an anniversary and they made sure to make us feel special. Lightly dimmed, candlelight, upscale restaurant located in Downtown Dallas. It was the embodiment of romance. The service was elite, the food was heavenly, the vibe was dreamy!!! We were offered free champagne and was treated royally! I love this establishment and will definitely be back and refer all of my clients here for their special occasions.
K

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 15 December 2020

With a party of 6, only 2 people were satisfied with meals. Horrible service, extremely long wait times for food, undercooked steaks when ordered well done, bone ass dry halibut, Kroger quality sushi. The waiter comped some desserts by bringing out a huge platter of desserts,looks to me like they are used to disappointing their customers and trying to make it up to them with dessert. Will never go again and would not recommend to anyone.

Date of visit: December 2020
5  Thank G7068XQjosephb

Been to Nick & Sam's? Share your experiences!