“Family lunch”

Ranked #85 of 4,165 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Convivial chain dishing up hearty portions of New Orleans-style seafood, steaks, salads & more.
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Since my family lives in multiple states, we try to get together at Christmas, and we are often in the Dallas area for the holidays, so I like to choose Pappadeaux's to get some "hometown" cooking! We were a party of ten and I was able to make a reservation for the day after Christmas. Food and service are always great, and this visit was no exception. My husband and I each added a cup of gumbo to our lunch entrees, and with soft drinks our total came to $55. Our server ensured we had ample bread and butter on the table and drinks were refilled without asking. There was no problem splitting the check three ways. There's ample parking, so no problem finding a spot.

Food was really good, and we'll be back!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This was my first experience with Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen! It won't be my last. I ordered off the appetizer menu, had the hand tossed seafood cocktail, the oyster duo, and a killer bloody mary!! The oysters were delicious, fresh, rich and hot. The seafood cocktail was ample, very fresh, and cold. Both were very delicious! The Bloody Mary was great, complete with 2 giant shrimp, some celery and a big nice olive. All in all, the meal was about 40 bucks. It was worth it, since I was too full to finish eating everything! Highly recommend!! Service was great, decor very nice.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Went there for a Sunday night dinner. With all the restaurants in Dallas, why go to a chain, why not go to a independent, in this case it was one of the best meals I have ever had. GREAT job

Good crowd

Spinach, crab dip appetizer, very good

Wife had shrimp and grits, I tried the shrimp, they were very good.

Ashley and Koshy had a Salmon dish, it was great.

I had a Scallops, shrimp and crab pasta dish with asparagus and a Parmesan wine cream sauce. This dish was amazing, maybe the best pasta dish I have ever had. It was great, would recommend

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We were treated like royalty when we told the staff we were first timers. AND got a free desert! The staff, food, ambiance- stellar! Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

When I say this is my favorite restaurant, I mean it. We just drove back to Pappadeaux from here in Oklahoma City for my birthday celebration. This is the third time I've been to this particular Pappadeax. The only other one I've been to was in San Antonio, and it was fabulous also! I've never had a bad meal there. A little bit about me to help explain what's good, here.. I used to weigh nearly 300 lbs, and I loved me some fried foods (and this place has some good fried seafood!), I still do, but this time after losing nearly 80 lbs any trying to stay within a somewhat ketogenic dieter's budget, I ordered the grilled seafood skewers. I was expecting it to me mostly shrimp, but it wasn't. Sure, there was plenty of shrimp and veggies, but the amount of salmon surprised me. Not only that, but the scallops (which I normally hate) were actually quite good! So, did I remain true to my keto diet? Not on that day, but I didn't do too bad. It wasn't for the lack of available keto-friendly options. You can choose sides like broccolini or spaghetti squash instead of your usual sides. We had to get the coconut shrimp appetizer because, it's the bomb, try one! Also, my wife didn't care for her shrimp ettoufette, so being the gentleman that I am, I took care of eating that for her. De--lish! Anyway, you can't go wrong with anything there. It's all great! Only small thing, my wife isn't a seafood fan, but she does enjoy eating at Pappadeaux. She has always wanted them to offer chicken, so there's that, but I won't be counting off for that. It was my turn to choose a restaurant, and this is THE place for me!

Been to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK