“Dinner ”

Ranked #716 of 4,212 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

If you want some really good Vietnamese food, this little hole-in-the-wall is a great place to being. Located on Bryan St in East Dallas, it doesn’t look like much on the outside, but the inside is well decorated and very clean. The menu features Pho, the quintessential Vietnamese soup which came with very fresh mint, jalapeño, cilantro, and bean sprouts to add to it any way you like. That is what I had and it was delicious. My friend had the Banh Mi Sandwich and he said it was very good and fresh but he was still hungry at the end so you might want to order a side dish to accompany your sandwich. They also offer dinners and other dishes. This was our first time here. There is a bar where they stock many beers and drinks. We will go back for sure!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I have eaten a couple times now at Mai's--all lunches. It is somewhat value-priced Vietnamese food .

There is an okay lunch special, that offers a main course, plus your choice of a cup of soup, a cabbage/carrot/cucumber salad or stir fried vegetables. The soup is like a wonton broth, and the salad is nicely crunchy. The $8.50 special is okay--I had the #1 spicy lemon grass chicken most recently. It was reasonably flavorful (not too spicy), although the portion did not seem very large.

I have also tried the spring rolls (non-fried) at $1.25-1.50 each, and they seemed fresh with good dipping sauce.

I have also tried the pho, and the #10 Spicy chicken soup was very good. I will probably go back to the pho in the future. At $8.25 the "bowl" (not to be confused with the $9.50 jumbo bowl) is pretty good sized, with all the garnishes.

Service is generally okay. I have had one instance where it was slow, but once they realized what had happened, they got the food out pronto.

Not a destination kind of place, but still worth the occasional lunch.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were wanting Asian cuisine. So I googled such and Mai's was the closest restaurant with already good ratings. We didn't regret our choice at all. The Wonton soup and Spicy Chicken Soup had great flavor. #43 noodles with chicken and shrimp and prepared medium spice was excellent. We actually order chicken fried rice to go so we can have dinner tonight. We will definitely be back to visit.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2016

I love the Pho here. I get the spicy chicken soup and #2 Spring rolls with a Thai iced tea. The neighborhood surrounding is changing, so don't judge the place by the outside. It's clean and well run inside.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 16 September 2016

They have a primarily Vietnamese menu with traditional dishes. Service is very friendly and efficient. Good prices and food quality.

Date of visit: April 2016