“Nicely located downtown - HUGE concierge lounge”

Dallas Marriott City Center
Ranked #21 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for one night last week. It was a nice surprise to find a Marriott in downtown Dallas. Formerly a Westin (I believe), it is adjacent to an urban mall / office building with an indoor ice rink in the center. Self-service parking is available; however, this is not affiliated with the hotel and is fairly pricey. I left the ramp twice - $18 after a few hours and $11 overnight. By contrast, I parked in valet at The Fairmont a couple blocks away and it was $18 for the entire day.

The bar / restaurant in the lobby is nice and the service is great. No Guiness on draft, but they did have it in bottles. The concierge lounge on the top (16th) floor is reportedly the largest in North America and offers a view of downtown. The food offered there is superior to most Marriott locations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank remerton

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I had to be in Dallas at the last minute for a family member's surgery at Baylor Medical, while my sister already had a reservation for an event she was coming for in Dallas. They offered me the same rate as her online booking, and our room was great! Clean, comfy beds, etc. We had a college party across the hall that we had to complain about constantly, and our other "neighbors" were doing the same. Finally, at 3pm, the party was ended by the hotel manager and they evicted the group. When I went to speak with the manager about it the next morning, they comped us another night's stay. This worked out great for us because we had family members camping out in the ICU waiting room otherwise. Ralph (I think that was the manager on duty that morning), was awesome and very apologetic. It was nice to know that my family would have a place to sleep that night without having to spend money they couldn't afford. I will definitely be back! Hopefully, without the college kids this time, but I know the staff will take care of it if that happens again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

What a great place! It is clean, close to Downtown, and has fabulous service. The executive lounge is really wonderful. The only reservation I have is that you might want to ask to be placed on the side of the hotel that is opposite the ice skating rink and shopping mall.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank brad120
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stay here frequently when in Dallas and am always satisfied. The brand new concierge lounge is very nice and the breakfast served is great. I even stayed here during the construction phase as they were updating and upgrading and service was still very good. Close enough to Uptown and downtown to enjoy without being so close that you are in the midst of the mobs. My only complaint is that the exhaust in the bathrooms is not adequate and so shower steam lingers. This is true of all of the rooms I stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Very good hotel with consistent service and amenities.. One of the better hotels I have stayed

• Stayed: March 2012