“get what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Frisco, Texas
“get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

my husband and I went there to enjoy a night away from the kids. The cocktail hour (5:30-7:30) was great. We had three drinks each. Our room was on the top floor and never cooled down below 74. I like my room cold. When we checked out, we told the front desk about the room being warm and he said the manager was too busy to talk to us, and never followed up. We werent looking for anything. Just a heads up on the problem with the room for the next guest. The free breakfast buffet had a great section as well.

Room Tip: dont pick the top floor in the summer
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carri j
Oney, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Thank you very much for the feedback and constructive comments.

I apologize that I, nor the duty manager, were not available to speak with you during your stay. I did check the log to check any trend of A/C unit issues during the month of June, and it appears to have been an isolated incident with the particular unit in question; although, I do know that the summer time (especially this last summer) the atrium design does accumulate the most heat on the upper floors. With that said, our in-room A/C units are designed to deal with the varying weather conditions.

Thank you again, and I do hope that we will see you again in the future.

Michael Oney
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed here the first weekend in August as we were in town to see FC Barcelona play Club America at Cowboy Stadium. While it is north of Dallas, it is a good location with great shopping near by and easy to get to Cowboy Stadium, downtown Dallas, as well as Fort Worth. Rooms were big and clean. Staff was friendly. My son enjoyed the swans in the indoor fountain. The pool was over chlorinated and burned our eyes just being in there, but nonetheless an average hotel and would stay again if we were in town for a casual weekend.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mom2Pres
Metepec, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

This is a good hotel, we were there for our wedding aniversary, they told the shuttle driver to take us to a good restaurant to celebrate. We had a good time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ernestina15
Little Rock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Love the hotel. Swans in the indoor fountain were a great touch of romance.
I will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pintailkiller
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

Really poor room service: ordered cuban sliders...got 2 slices of salami with a few slices of pickles. (missing ham, swiss cheese, pork). ordered soup and they didn't give me a spoon.

at breakfast, dishes and utensils were dirty

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank veeveenyc
Oney, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review and your comments. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for the short falls, you experienced during your stay with us. It is feedback like yours that aide us in our pursuit to give great guest service.

With respect to the issued you pointed out, I do apologize that they created such ill feelings about our property. I have pointed the items out to my executive team to do all possible to avoid similar incidents, and when issues do occur to get on top of them in a more efficient and effective manner. In fact, I will note that I now have a new Restaurant Manager which is focused on rectifying the inconsistencies you have experienced.

I realize that this letter cannot change the bad experiences that you endured but I do hope, that in some way, it helps to restore your faith in the Hilton family, and specifically Embassy Suites Dallas near the Galleria. We truly value your business and hope that you will return to our hotel and give us a chance to show you excellent service and hospitality.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems that occurred during your stay.

Thank you again for your time and consideration. We value your patronage, appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and look forward to serving you again in the future. If there is anything further I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Michael Oney