The Hyatt where our work conference was being held was booked so my co-workers and I stayed at another Hyatt during the conference and I must say it was one of the BEST hotels I ever stayed in. One of the biggest reasons it was such a great stay is the shuttle driver Jessie! She is fabulous! Jessie was very personable and made my co-workers and I feel like we were friends, not just a "job". Jess recommended restaurants and shopping areas. Jess looked out for as well when we were getting on and off the shuttle van. Jess made sure the steps were securely positioned against the van and offered her arm to us every time. Jess also provided us with information on how to get back to the hotel after the shuttle bus shut down for the night. If you are fortunate enough to get Jess for your shuttle driver you are truely in for a treat.
I emphasis the treatment Jess provided simply because I have seldom ever received the kind of service from anyone that I received from Jess. The Hyatt is lucky to have someone who represents them so well.
Now for the hotel... WOW! I shared a "suite" with a co-worker. We had a living room, a full kitchen, and we each had our own bedroom and huge bathrooms- and I do mean HUGE bathrooms. And each bedroom had separate air conditioning controls. There were flat screen TVs in the living room and in each bedroom. The bedding was soft and comfortable. I had plenty of towels each day.
Another wonderful feature at this hotel is the breakfast and the evening Reception. Each morning for breakfast my co-workers and I went down to the breakfast nook. Each morning had some standard items and there was also something different every day. Although the breakfast bar is small in size it is large in selection- fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, toast, cereal, grits, biscuits, and more, including juice, milk, tea, coffee, soft drinks and water. We also hit the same bar for "the evening reception" which featured some standard items and also something different every day. We had salads, soups, fresh fruit, bread, cookies (really good ones!) and selections like hot wings, mexican food and more,including beer, wine, soft drinks and more. And there was always a big bowl of fruit in the lobby at the reception desk.
There is also a small "shopping" nook inside the hotel- it has some frozen TV dinners, various drinks, aspirin, just some basics but this is a feature I have never seen at a hotel before.
This is absolutely one of the best hotes I have stayed at. The room, the food, and the service were top notch. All the staff was friendly and helpful, and Jess really pushed customer service over the top!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown is ideally situated in the heart of uptown Dallas and the Harwood District. This upscale, extended stay hotel provides outstanding guest suites with easy access to everything Dallas has to offer. The Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown is located 2 blocks from the American Airlines Center and is a short distance from the Dallas Arts District, the West End Historic District, McKinney Avenue, and restaurants like Capital Grille and Morton's Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Dallas/Uptown Hotel Dallas
- Hyatt Dallas Uptown
- Summerfield Suites Dallas
- Dallas Summerfield Suites
- Dallas Hyatt