“One of the BEST!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Baton Rouge, LA
“One of the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

The Hyatt where our work conference was being held was booked so my co-workers and I stayed at another Hyatt during the conference and I must say it was one of the BEST hotels I ever stayed in. One of the biggest reasons it was such a great stay is the shuttle driver Jessie! She is fabulous! Jessie was very personable and made my co-workers and I feel like we were friends, not just a "job". Jess recommended restaurants and shopping areas. Jess looked out for as well when we were getting on and off the shuttle van. Jess made sure the steps were securely positioned against the van and offered her arm to us every time. Jess also provided us with information on how to get back to the hotel after the shuttle bus shut down for the night. If you are fortunate enough to get Jess for your shuttle driver you are truely in for a treat.
I emphasis the treatment Jess provided simply because I have seldom ever received the kind of service from anyone that I received from Jess. The Hyatt is lucky to have someone who represents them so well.
Now for the hotel... WOW! I shared a "suite" with a co-worker. We had a living room, a full kitchen, and we each had our own bedroom and huge bathrooms- and I do mean HUGE bathrooms. And each bedroom had separate air conditioning controls. There were flat screen TVs in the living room and in each bedroom. The bedding was soft and comfortable. I had plenty of towels each day.
Another wonderful feature at this hotel is the breakfast and the evening Reception. Each morning for breakfast my co-workers and I went down to the breakfast nook. Each morning had some standard items and there was also something different every day. Although the breakfast bar is small in size it is large in selection- fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, toast, cereal, grits, biscuits, and more, including juice, milk, tea, coffee, soft drinks and water. We also hit the same bar for "the evening reception" which featured some standard items and also something different every day. We had salads, soups, fresh fruit, bread, cookies (really good ones!) and selections like hot wings, mexican food and more,including beer, wine, soft drinks and more. And there was always a big bowl of fruit in the lobby at the reception desk.
There is also a small "shopping" nook inside the hotel- it has some frozen TV dinners, various drinks, aspirin, just some basics but this is a feature I have never seen at a hotel before.
This is absolutely one of the best hotes I have stayed at. The room, the food, and the service were top notch. All the staff was friendly and helpful, and Jess really pushed customer service over the top!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HoopersGirl
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you so much for the response! Jessica is not only a great employee she is a joy to be around. She leaves hosptality!! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I am thankful your group stayed with us and was able to experince the things I get to see daily.
I will make sure Jessica gets reconized at our next employee luncheon.

Jeff Jones GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I dont review stays on tripadvisor much these days. 80% of the time I do fill in the in hotel form and I find it interesting that I rarely get a reply - yet the "Hotel Manager" always seems to find the time to reply to the very visable tripadvisor review - PR Machine??

Well located to the AA centre - 5 min walk. 20 min walk to downtown. We had a few issues with housekeeping and lack of communication between staff - but otherwise impressed with the home away from home feel. Except I didnt like seeing the other guests going to breakfast in their PJ's!! That's just going too far.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
I am glad we could "Impress you"!! Sorry to hear you had some housekeeping issues, I hope we were able to take care of it when you brought it to the attention of the front desk. I must say we see alot of our guest go to breakfast in their PJ's normally on the weekends. It is nice to know our guest are felling that comfortable to do it, as long as they are covering! I believe if you can take the time to write a review then I should at least respond. All feedback is good feedback to me it helps us learn and grow to better serve the next guest coming to our hotel.
Thanks again!
Eau Claire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed here while doing business. Found that the staff is more interested in just going through the motions than actually giving any type of service. Example, they have several tv's in the lobby/breakfast area with no sound. When I asked for a remote to turn up the sound on one for the news (and I was completely alone with nobody in sight), the answer I got was "I cannot do that. It is against our policy." When I asked why, I got the exact same worded response. It was almost as if I was talking to a robot stuck in a loop. We found that was theme for the entire stay. The staff does not care, they are just going through the motions so they can get a paycheck. Next time, we are going somewhere else where they actually care about their guests... which they do not understand that is why they have a paycheck in the first place!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for taking time and giving us your feedback. I am sorry that during your stay you felt our staff was less than welcoming. We strive to make sure every guest that walks in the door is welcomed and feels that they are appriciated. As far as the TV's we are not able to have the volume up on any public TV due to copy rights. Without having a special license we take the chance on a very expensive fine. I am sorry they did not explain it properly. I do hope you would give a us one more chance to be your hotel of choce.
Cleveland, Ohio area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed here one night this past week. I was a little disappointed for a Hyatt. The staff was friendly and helpful. The carpet seemed a bit worn as did the couch in my room.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The shower had good water pressure. The king suite room was spacious for one person. The room had a small kitchen and separate living room area with a couch. There was only one TV, which swiveled on a pole so that you could watch it in the living area or from bed. The set up was kind of like a typcial Marriott Residence Inn, but not nearly as nice as a Residence Inn.

There does not appear to be any restaurants within an easy walking distance. The front desk clerk suggested that this was not the safest place to be walking around in at night. I appreciated his honesty. The neighborhood did not seem to be the greatest, although that is not the hotel's fault. They do have a shuttle available and the clerk suggested a restaurant a mile or so away. But, I figured that I would get room service instead.

However, I learned that this particular hotel does not offer room service. They do have a menu, in the room, featuring Italian food, that you can order from and have a delivery service deliver. Curiously, the menu offered no steak or burgers.

They also have a small market area, next to the front desk, in which you can pick up drinks, chips, and a very limited selection of pre-made salads and sandwiches, which I opted to do. The pre-made salad was ok, but not great, and the pre-made sandwich was ok - after I warmed it up in the room microwave as the clerk suggested.

The breakfast was better than average.

All in all, I would give this place a "B". I expected more from a Hyatt. Next time in Dallas, I will look for something with room service and perhaps a restaurant or two within walking distance in a neighborhood that feels a bit safer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review on your stay. I believe all feed back is good and can be productive if taken the right way. We are in the process of working on the issues that you had during your visit. We will be adding a bar at the end of the year and with that we will have a limited bar menu and the loby will be getting a great make over as well. I hope that as the change over to Hyatt house wie will be replacing the carpets as well. I hope you give us another chance to be your hotel of choice when you return to Dallas.
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

First time stay at the hotel (04/2012) and really enjoyed the stay. Room was very nice - including a full kitchen (didn't expect that) along with free breakfast. Park on the same level as your room if you have a lot of luggage making it very convenient to get to your car. Very helpful front desk staff who assisted me with incoming Fedex package.

Warning: Arrive to breakfast early - it can get a bit crazy if you go later in the morning (I'd say the rule would be: get there before 800a).

Tried to upload photos but when I click on next - nothing happens. Will see if I can edit this review after I post it and add some photos.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bowdenj
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Dallas. Mornings do get a little busy in the breakfast area and I am sorry if you were inconvienced. We strive to make sure we have good hot food being served. I would like to see the photos you took and maybe get some of them uploaded for you.
Thanks again!! Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Dallas!!