“very comfortable HUGE hotel”
Review of Omni Dallas Hotel

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Olney, Texas
“very comfortable HUGE hotel”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was in Dallas and needed a downtown hotel at the last minute. I called the 800# from my car and inquired about rooms. The young man I talked to sounded a little confused about which hotel I wanted. I told him the Dallas Omni, the new one at the convention center downtown. He found it and said the rate was $99. I was surprised and asked if that was the hotel on Lamar, donwntown at the convention center. He said yes. So I headed downtown to claim my room.
The hotel driveway was really crowded and kind of chaotic with people directing traffic and confusing traffic barriers. I left my car with the valet ($25) and went to checkin. The nice young lady behind the desk couldn't find my reservation so I showed her the confimation # that had just arrived on my phone. She said that there was a mistake and I was booked at the Omni in Richardson...grrr. I told her that I needed to stay downtown. She said they had rooms for $169. I asked if she could match the
price I was quoted, she said no and apologized. I was running late for an evening appointment so I took it.
The lobby is huge and impressive and was full of youngsters attending the weekend volleyball event at the adjacent convention center.
My room was on the 7th floor. When entering the room there is a key port that contols the electricity inside the room( like most other countries) The room was average size and very stylish. It had several modern amenties like a motion sensored footlight that lights the floor for a night time trip to the bathroom, an in-mirror bathroom tv, floor to ceiling windows, a nice desk with two chairs, coffe maker and refrigerator but no mini bar, safe and robes.
The bed was very comfortable and the entire room was cozy and had nice decor and accents. It was also really quiet, even with the young volleyball crowd crawling the halls.
Overall it's a really nice hotel but it's huge and built for conventions. Other than the convention center there is very little around it that is appealing but if you need to be on the southwest side of downtown, at the convention center or Belo this is a much better
choice than the Hyatt.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the Dallas skyline otherwise you'll have a freeway view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dantex
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2012

WOW - this is a very modern and beautifully decorated hotel. Staff was great. Cool gadgets - yep the TV in the bathroom mirror was a first for us. TV in room had personalized greeting, bed was very comfortable, parking in either valet or self park was offered and self-park is a garage connected to the hotel with easy access through elevator in hotel lobby. Most important for our trip this time was the bridge into the convention center - awesome, especially on Sunday when the rain started. But even if you are not there for a convention, the hotel and interior restaurants are worth the trip. Heard the spa is great and pool area with bar/grill is very nice!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel is by far one of the most impressive places I have had the pleasure staying at on my business trips to Dallas. I usually stay at the Hilton Anatole and love that hotel as well, however I decided to give the Omni a try and I was thoroughly impressed. The staff was beyond helpful and very friendly. The restaurants and fitness center were great as well. The jewel of the hotel was by far the roof-top pool and bar area. I had the luxury of spending one of my days at the pool and had to remind myself that I was in Dallas TX and not at a beach resort. Music, infinity pool, hot tub, fire pits, private cabanas, fully stocked bar... A++++ Give this place a try.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank ErnFinch
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at the Omni Hotel for business and found it to be a lovely, clean property! The parking was very pricey -$18 a day. It was within walking distance to historic downtown area. We enjoyed dinner one night at Gator's; we walked.
The rooms were artfully decorated/modern! I loved that they were eco-concious and did not replace towels only if they were on the floor. Your room key must stay in the clot by th light switch for the ligts to stay on. Again, an eco-friendly measure which allows for the lights to stay on while you are in the room.
For a hotel that is so beautiful and big, I found it easy to get around withour getting lost. The staff was helpful and courteous, too.

Room Tip: Plaza of the America's is nearby w/ an indoor ice arena! Bring your ice skates!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Pros:
1. Clean room, very modern. Large shower, TV in the mirror.

Cons:
1. Almost as soon as we checked in and laid down to rest, someone knocks on the door and when we don’t jump up immediately, tries to come in. Fortunately, we had locked it. They were there to “change the AC filter”. Really? When a guest is relaxing? There is no list for the maintenance man to tell him which rooms are occupied?
2. Half hour later – room service! Only problem? We hadn’t ordered room service; they had the wrong room number.
3. $18 a day to park, even when you’re a guest, but maybe that’s normal for downtown.
4. Shower water presser was low and no way to change.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pat1030