“Wow! Fresh Seafood in Dallas!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Phone: 214-351-6363 Rex Bellomy Owner
Dallas, Texas
“Wow! Fresh Seafood in Dallas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I went here yesterday for the first time. All I can say is WOW! Impressive.

Not only do they have great standard fare (fresh shrimp, white fish, salmon), they also have unusual fish choices depending on the day. Yesterday, it was Char fish--a very light salmon-like taste. Just wonderful.

We tried the fish tacos, shrimp tacos, and the halibut with lemon butter sauce. Everything was cooked to perfection and the waitstaff was friendly and helpful.

They have specials every day: soups, fish, and other dishes.

The sides are: cheese grits, cole slaw, blackeyed peas, shrimp & pesto rice - yum!

They also have a fresh fish market, so you can take it home to enjoy. Excellent!

Lunch is very casual and busy at peak times. Dinner is slightly more dressy (think elevated business casual), and they also have a nice selection of wine and beers.

We'll be back! Website: http://www.rexsseafood.com

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Dallas, Texas
“Best Seafood in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Rex's is the best seafood restaurant in town. You can eat in there or buy prepared or prepared dishes ready to cook. Everything is good. Great Louisiana Cooking. Herbal spicy and not hot spicy, a mark of good Louisiana cooking. Herbal spicy and not just adding hot black pepper and blackening and calling it Cajun. I havent had a bad meal there yet. Everything is good, service is good, waitresses and waitors are very nice. Good souther hospitality. It is a small restaurant, not like a high end restaurant in decor but the best seafood you will ever eat.

• Visited January 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A must go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon Rex's while visiting Dallas for the weekend. I had read about it before going and just so happened to drive by. I told my husband I had read reviews so we stopped for dinner.

We went on a Friday night at about 8 o'clock, no reservation, just walked in the door. The restaurant is very small...it was packed. The hostess was so sweet with quite a personality, hilarious, I thought. She just took our name down on a scratch sheet of paper and we stood in line along the wall...with about 6 or more other parties. The wait really wasn't bad...the hostess entertained me!

When seated my husband ordered a cup of gumbo to start out with and I ordered a cup of lobster bisque. They were both very, very good. My husband said the gumbo was one of the best he'd ever had. I was equally pleased with the bisque, very rich and creamy. For the entree my husband got halibut and I ordered the steamer bowl. My husband completely cleaned his plate. That should sum up how he felt about it. I did try his fish and really enjoyed it (and I'm not much of a fish eater). My steamer bowl was also very tasty. It had a wine broth with tomatoes, shrimp, clams, scallops, crab and oysters (I think). Very good, just too much for me. We shared the pecan pie with praline ice cream for dessert. One word, amazing.

The service wasn't bad. We never went without and the server was very knowledgeable. She was just very busy, but did the best she could, we were happy.

We had a great evening and will definitely be going to Rex's Seafood Market next time we are in town. It's a must go!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank bnhedrick
Burleson
“The Best Lobster Rolls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

My wife visited D.C. recently and sent me a picture of a lobster roll she had for lunch off a lunch truck. Large lobster chunks got my mouth watering so I started a search for them here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Went to a place in Plano and another in Fort Worth and the lobster rolls were so so. We found Rex's on the web and went there for Lobster roll Friday. Absolutely the best lobster roll, and gumbo, and raisin bread pudding we've ever had. We took several quarts of Gumbo home with us. The chef even came out and talked to us for a while. Great place, and I'll bet the other food there is just as good. Complimentary valet parking too.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Yahooty55
Port Townsend, Washington
“No better fish...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

can be found in the city. Since they have so many fish deliveries each week, their selection is outstanding and unusual.

We particularly like the "simple" version offered & wish it was on the menu at every restaurant in the country - simply salt, pepper & olive oil, thereby letting the taste of the fish come through. Of course, you can only do this with the freshest of fish! Could that be why so many other restaurants add heavy sauces?

It does get very loud and there always seems to be a wait, but it's worth it!

• Visited October 2011