“Makes Dallas cool”

Ranked #65 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Leesburg, Virginia
“Makes Dallas cool”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A great hotel in downtown Dallas. Once a train station, then a textile warehouse. The rooms are funky, modern, and comfortable with a 42 inch flat screen TV in each room. Staff was friendly and professional.

Will definitely stay here next time I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
DC
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I am a fan in general of the Aloft concept- the rooms are clean, functional and not as boring as some lower priced chains. There is always a nice gym with up to date elliptical and treadmill equipment, and there is always a cool bar area. What set this Aloft apart was the location in Downtown Dallas in an old brick building full of character.

Check in was easy, and the staff noted my platinum status and said I would be in an upgraded room. I was not sure what to expect, since I thought pretty much all the Aloft rooms were alike, and I had never received any sort of upgrade in one. As soon as I walked in the room I saw what he meant- the room was huge, easily twice the size of the Aloft rooms I am used to, with exposed brick walls and floor to ceiling windows on one side. The room had the usual wall mounted flat screen tv and a box on the desk that enabled you to hook up a computer or game unit to the tv, a safe, free bottled water and coffee, and the usual walk in shower with Bliss amenities.

The only downside of the room was that a marathon was being held Sunday morning, so I woke up at 6 am to loud music and a big crowd out front of my room, which faced the convention center.

Given the marathon crowd, I grabbed breakfast in the lobby and enjoyed a ham egg and cheese sandwich for $3, with free coffee.

Overall, a great experience. If I needed to stay in downtown Dallas again, this would be my choice.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Why can't all hotels that cost $75 or more a night be like this? Free bottled water. Cheap parking. Nice staff. Nice products. Huge, clean room. Nice cozy bed. They even threw in a $10 comp in food! So basically, parking, or the food, was "free".

The places I am used to, you have to pay $29+ for parking EACH NIGHT and all you get is a bad parking space. This place charged me $10 and gave me breakfast!

Love the look and feel of this hotel. If this room was in California, it would be over $200/night. Huge window that opens to the city. A real shower with a real shower head! Ironing board. Fridge. Coffee. Free WiFi! Huge flat screen TV that pretty much stares at you from the center of the room with a "watch me" look on its face. I did watch it and I normally do not watch TV in hotels.

Very quiet other than the outside, city noise. Noise downtown? I like it. Hustle and bustle.

A nice area to walk around, across the street. Some sort of buffalo exhibit or something. I decided against crossing the street to check it out, but it LOOKED cool from a distance. Didn't see much else other than a McDonald's nearby.

Loved the layout of the room. When I walked in, I thought they had upgraded me to a suite. I was on the 7th floor.

Did not use the gym, but I checked it out. It had decent cardio machines. Lighting was fantastic throughout the property. Really young, hip, friendly staff. VERY convenient, no hassle parking.

Only had a few problems:

I asked for an 8:30am wake-up call, and I received a call at 8:05am. That was odd. I also bought a sandwich from the lobby. An amazing sounding Buffalo Mozzarella and Tomato. Brought it up to the room and it was TOTALLY soggy. The bread was soaked. Couldn't eat it. Nasty. Was in a hurry, so I did not complain about it.

Another strange thing. They have these really cool computers where you can print up your boarding pass for your flight. Southwest Airlines is basically a TEXAS, LOVE FIELD Airline. The hotel has all SORTS of airlines available on those computers, even ones I never heard of, but NOT Southwest Airlines. The woman behind the counter had to print mine for me and she could only print ONE leg of my flight. Strange.

The other "nice" properties that I found online for Downtown Dallas were all close or above $200/night. They could NOT be better than Aloft. Save yourself $100 and stay at this hotel.

Anyways, I had a LOT to work to do so I was "locked up" in the room most of the time. And I liked it. I felt like I was in my own little studio. Brought me back to my college days, minus the drunk girls and dirty dishes.

Carpet looks brand spanking new. Bathroom: HUGE.

1 Thank Baronent
NW Arkansas
Reviewed 6 March 2012

First and foremost, the staff at Aloft in Dallas is top notch. I stayed there for a week long business trip at the Dallas Convention Center (0.5 miles away) and I had nothing but the most exceptional customer service experience. My room was perfect. Everything is laid out exactly how I would have done it. The amenities were great. The atmosphere was superb. The WXYZ bar in the lobby was first-class. Their onsite parking was only $10.00/night which is far less than any of the other hotels around and the site is within walking distance of everything. I've stayed at a number of other Aloft hotels around the country and this one is by far the best. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side of the building have a much better view. I stayed on the 6th floor, North s...
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, convenient to the Dallas Convention Center, the Aloft offers a unique style that may be considered a little off center.
Warehouse or loft style rooms expose concrete, support pillars, and brick walls that add to the charm of this hotel.
The amenities are fantastic workout room , pool, bar, and just a lounging area provide a nice place to congregate. Wireless and wired internet in the rooms keeps you connected, while the bar offers a nice atmosphere.
Staff is friendly, and accommodating, and the house keeping staff is wonderful.