“Large, clean, quiet rooms with great staff”

Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa
Ranked #1 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Large, clean, quiet rooms with great staff”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed at Cooper while visiting family in Dallas (the Lodge was the closest hotel to where my relatives live). I did not use any of the fitness or spa facilities other than the walking trails, which were very peaceful and inviting.

The room was large, clean, and very quiet (I did not hear any noise at all). The staff was unfailingly polite and helpful.

The only negative was that the decor of the room looked like it was straight out of the 1980's (wallpaper, furniture, bath fixtures, etc). The room was also very dark, so I needed to turn on lights even during the day. If the Cooper Lodge updates their rooms, this could really become a fabulous destination.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
London
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I booked in by myself for a spa weekend. I didn't book any programme or anything like that. It was a bad start: I found reception and was given my key. I wasn't told anything else: I.e. where is my room, where is the fitness centre, spa, breakfast room, restaurant. Obviously I worked it out. My room was large and nicely furnished. Good wifi service, clean, comfortable. The place looks like a campus though and I was thinking more landscaped grounds which was a surprise. So, no view to speak of from the rom, just joggers going round the track!

The gym is a short walk and it's massive and well equipped. There is a small ladies sauna and jacuzzi in the changing room. Decent, but nothing more than you'd find in a decent gym.

I booked a massage and the therapist, Lindy, was lovely. I recommend her.

The let down for me was the dining. I stopped by the "restaurant" for dinner on both nights. It was like someone's living room, moreover empty of people and no tables laid. Very weird. So I got room service which was speedy and good food. Don't expect a wine list though :) it's tee total. Similarly, the breakfast set up was like a cheap motel: tiny glass lean to with a help yourself counter of standard bagels, cornflakes etc. I was expecting fresh cooked healthy fare on a white tablecloth...

Overall, it was relaxing but as a spa weekend experience I would opt for one of the fancy hotels next time. It's more of a clinic than pamper place.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank TeresaCLondon
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I love staying at the cooper center. the staff is wonderful, it is not only relaxing but the gym is top notch. every detail is taken care of and the entire structure works as a unit. I have given several meetings here and I am thrilled with each and every experince.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Delaware
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The rooms, service and setting were perfect. If you need to "escape" as part of your retreat, this is a great place to get refocused. The rooms were outstanding, clean and plush. Having a five star fitness center as part of the complex was a really nice benefit. And I can't say enough about the hospitality of the staff.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
St Davids, Bermuda
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I recently spent 2 nights at the Cooper lodge while completing a comprehensive exam at the clinic. The lodge was quiet, peaceful and safe to walk around at night. The rooms were spacious with large very comfortable beds. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I can't say enough good things about the Clinic. Sharday was a huge help in putting everyone at ease when you have a battery of tests ahead of you. I don't live in the US so having them check me out every few years gives great peace of mind when you live somewhere where the healthcare is subpar. I'll be back in two years! Thanks to everyone who made it an enjoyable trip.

Room Tip: One room had a huge 4 poster with steps up to it. Made you feel like Princess and the Pea children...