The Joule, Dallas
US$ 164
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
US$ 195
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 260/night.

US$ 143
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 168/night.

US$ 286
US$ 276
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 328/night.

Hyatt Regency Dallas(Dallas)
US$ 212
US$ 195
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 225/night.

US$ 158
  • Restaurant
Best Western Cityplace Inn(Dallas)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 100/night.

US$ 134
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 168/night.

US$ 275
US$ 260
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 308/night.

US$ 106
US$ 103
Travelocity
1,162 results
All reviewscbd provisionsapple tvthe penthouseneiman marcushouse carturn down servicerooftop poolcar serviceroom servicewedding nightluxury hotelwithin milesbeautiful hotelheart of downtownvalet staffupon checkcorner room
Reviewed 28 April 2012

FABULOUS! The pool is on the 11th floor and extends past the building to hang over the sidewalk below! Breath-taking! An overall wonderful pool area with a bar! The rooms are gorgeous, too. The one-bedroom suite had a two-person jetted soaking tub! Sooo relaxing. . . The staff was super friendly and helpful. I love this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
TheJoule, Public Relations Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

We are delighted to hear that your visit was memorable. The Joule team looks forward to welcoming you back!

~Christie Sheffield
Marketing Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We booked this hotel under luxury hotel and resort collection. We have NEVER had a bad experience with that company until now. Booked the hotel based on the pool/pool bar. Arrived and the pool bar doesn't open until 3 pm (not mentioned when I called the hotel directly and... Who is laying by the pool only after 3 pm?!?!) AND the pool was closed for a "photo shoot" that took up the whole pool for a majority of the afternoon.

Furthermore, room service was closed at 10 pm, front desk was unhelpful (in ordering a pizza nonetheless) and Charlie Palmer was a waste of time and energy (great staff, HORRIBLE management.)

Stay at luxury hotels frequently and would recommend ANYWHERE in dallas other than this! Spend your $$$ at the W!!! Better investment!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank ObjectiveBigSpender
TheJoule, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Unfortunate waste of money

Thank you for your insight and forgive us for the issues encountered during your stay. Due to the pool reputation and design, it is in high demand for photo shoots; however, we attempt to limit sessions to off-peak hours and the space is not to be exclusively closed during those times. It is with deep regret that you were unable to enjoy the space. Based on your valued feedback we will consider commencing the official pool season earlier next year and the photoshoots should not impede future guest experiences.

As a Luxury Collection hotel, room service is provided 24 hours a day. Please contact me directly so I can learn the details surrounding your communication with the Charlie Palmer team. We strive to exceed expectations at every turn and forgive us if we missed the mark during your visit.

Brendan Carlin, Managing Director
214 261 4490
bcarlin@thejouledallas.com

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I spent 2 nights in the St. Regis in Houston prior to coming to this hotel. The Joule is not luxurious in comparison and not sure why Starwood has it branded as such. This is a W Hotel wanna-be for the over 40 set. The rooms are tiny and open like most W's and the focus on being trendy, not on customer service nor amenities. Designer soap in the bathroom does not a luxury hotel make. This hotel has a very cramped feel. Be warned, the building next door is under construction (which I am sure is temporary). It is clear this hotel has no loading dock or alley because while I was eating dinner at the award winning restaurant downstairs (Charlie Palmer's) I had big trucks pulling up within 10 ft of my table loading and unloading big crates of towels (I learned they outsource their linens) and other large pieces of equipment. It really ruined the experience for me. The pool was nice as was the fitness center but with tiny cramped rooms, lack of customer service (I tried calling the desk 3 times and never go through) and the loading dock at the front of the building, I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Go to the W Hotel instead!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ChicagoGirl14

I was disappointed to learn that the design was not as you expected. The Joule resides in a landmark 1927 neo-gothic bank building and some of our rooms are limited in size due to historical restraints but are priced accordingly. Our larger rooms and suites are quite comfortable with two stories and are as large as 2500 sq ft. As you mentioned we are currently undergoing a substantial expansion and renovation that encompasses three buildings to the east and three to the south. Our lobby will grow in size to incorporate a lobby bar, retail space and Library by Taschen that should help alleviate the cramped feel you experienced. Also included in our expansion is :

-31 spacious guest suites, and three architecturally significant penthouses.

-A second celebrity chef restaurant by Charlie Palmer incorporating farm fresh to table ingredients and open cooking stations.

-An airy 4,000 sq. ft. rooftop terrace and garden

-A subterranean 8,000 sq. ft. spa by ESPA

-A private screening room with seating for 25

Additionally, the expansion will relocate the loading dock so the Charlie Palmer patio dining experience is not interrupted. Again, thank you for your insight and please do not hesitate to reach me directly with additional thoughts so we can exceed your guest expectations in the future.

The fact that you were unable to get through to the front desk is quite disturbing and truly unacceptable. Feel free to reach me directly with any additional feedback.

Brendan Carlin, Managing Director
214 261 4490
Bcarlin@thejouledallas.com

Reviewed 18 April 2012

A friend and I (females in our early 20's) stayed at the Joule on the night of the 7th April. From the moment we arrived, the service was impeccable.

Check in: staff were friendly and efficient and very happy to provide recommendations for activites/meals in the local area.

Room: we stayed in a Deluxe room with two double beds. The room was immaculately clean, modern and very spacious. The view left somewhat to be desired but we weren't there to look out the window. There was a very large shower but no bath. A point to note: there was no door separating the bathroom from the bedroom, instead there was a large pull-across curtain which acted almost as a room divider. There was a separate cubicle with door for the toilet. This didn't bother us too much but it was a bit of a strange arrangement, particular when the room isn't set up for couples. The beds were large and very comfortable.

Pool: The pool was wonderful. There were plenty of towels and comfortable seating available and the staff couldn't do enough to help. The service was great and drinks not eye-wateringly priced.

Transport: The hotel provided a courtesy car which was available to take us for dinner. The restaurant that was recommended to us for dinner was excellent but very pricey (make sure to check before accepting that this is what you're looking for). The hotel also arranged a car to take us to the airport early in the morning, which charged the same as the cabs' flat rate from the airport to downtown.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and would stay here again if I return to Dallas.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with friends, check on the bathroom arrangement.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2012

If first impressions are lasting then my experience at The Joule will be a pleasant memory for quite some time. The customer service, bar none,was simply the best. I received a warm welcome from the gentlemen at the front door followed by prompt and courteous service from my check-in agent Mr. Myron Robinson whose attention to detail was impressive. Every hotel should be so fortunate to have a go-to -man as personable and professional as Myron. He set the tone and the bar for the rest of the staff and they, too, exceeded my expectations.
The room was on the 7th floor and I was quite pleased. I was not disturbed at all by any noise from the construction project. The bedroom could be closed off from the sitting area which included a sofa, bar area and flat screen T.V. The furnishings were upscale and comfortable. The bathroom was designed perfectly: A separate toliet area, a separate shower and my personal favorite...a jacuzzi bathtub.
The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of nice eating places, all types of stores and shops and entertainment establishments. I did have breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel and it was delicious. The hotel also has a nice gift shop.
If you are looking to treat yourself, then look no further than The Joule!

Room Tip: I usually rely on the recommendation from the front desk staff, in my case, Myron Robinson.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo