All reviews best westerns jack in the box room was clean close to downtown state fair free breakfast king bed an older hotel desk clerk would stay here again business travel hotel lobby bw uptown freeway smu microwave
Reviewed 9 September 2018

It was great experience for us at this hotel. Staff is super nice and friendly. Buzzbrews is within walkin distance. Great palce to get good burger and late night coffee. Manager Harry was very helpful. Great location.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

All of the staff here was great ,the manager and the front desk were very helpful ij giving us directions to the west end and other attractions in dallas , the hotel is in the middle of it all... theres plenty of bars and restaurants nearby also!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I come here very often because of the staff service and awesome morning breakfast. All the staff members knows me personally by my name which makes me feel like home. I can definitely say that this hotel is home away from home for me.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Love this hotel, clean and friendly staff ..looking to book in the future and will recommend it to all my co workers and friends ..Every time will come to dallDa will be my favorite place to use See you next month

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The pictures of this place on the Best Western website and the Google Maps entry are staged in a very careful manner to avoid showing what it really is. It mostly shows fancy suites and an impressive picture of the lobby; in reality the place is a quite unimpressive old motel. The Street View images can give you a better idea, showing the cramped parking lot in the courtyard of the two-story building with outdoor room entrances. The very small lobby is nowhere as nice as it seems in the picture. We only had a regular room, so I'm not sure where the suites are hidden. The room was clean, but wasn't anything fancy and was definitely showing some wear. The ice machine had a sign saying it was failing a lot due to "extremely high temperatures". The AC in the room didn't quite seem to keep the temperature down, but it wasn't terribly uncomfortable. The water reservoir for the coffee maker in the room was fairly dirty looking. There were no easily accessible electrical outlets near the bed and the only way my wife could plug her phone charger in was to pull the nightstand away from the wall and unplug the alarm clock (it was either that or the lamp). There was soap and shampoo provided in the room, but no lotion or conditioner as in other Best Western locations I have been in. Overall, it served it's purpose of giving us a place to stay for the night, but not much beyond that. The only bonus was that it was pretty close to the event we were attending at the House of Blues. The major issue with this locations was with trying to use our $20 Best Western travel card; I gave it to the front desk at check-in, and the guy acted like he put it in, but they apparently didn't actually apply it, so we were charged the full amount when we checked out. They didn't offer me a receipt so I didn't see it until I checked my credit card the next day. After I complained about it in a review on Google Maps they called me and offered to "refund" the $20, so in the end, I did get the discount that should have been applied in the first place; however, without a discount I would recommend staying somewhere else, as it definitely wasn't worth the full price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Hitesh S, Manager at Best Western Cityplace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Your business means a lot to us.
I'm very sorry about the charges to your car when you provided the $20 Travel Card. I have checked and corrected the charges for you.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.