“Really Great”
Review of The Smoking Pig

The Smoking Pig
Reviewed 6 May 2017

The BBQ is really great and can be purchased by the pound. We had sausage and pulled pork and couldn't get enough. The owner is friendly and the clientele is local. Don't pass it by. Just pull in and go with it.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

This is real made from scratch BBQ and when they are out they are out. I got there a little late on Saturday and they were down to pulled pork and sausage both of which were very very good. I've only tried the "tangy" sauce which was very good but you won't need much, the meat speaks for itself. I also had the potato salad which appeared to be made with new potatoes and was also excellent. I can't say enough about this place, you have to try it!
If you ever ate at Al's in Lewisville TX back in the day this will remind you a good bit of that.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I love the Smoking Pig. Angela is an absolute sweetheart. This restaurant is really a shack on wheels. It can be moved around by a truck pulling it to a new location. As I drove up a local and Angela were talking up a storm. As I approached, she treated me in the same fashion as the person she knew. While I was eating, two more locals arrived. It was clear they knew each other and talked about yard work, helping with their chores and asking about the business. Angela's interaction with these two friends was the same as she gave me. That's a trait of a genuinely caring person. Love it.

After talking with Angela, the current location is 1712 St Hwy 87. It's literally in the parking lot of a house. A local friend is letting her set up shop there. That was after spending two years in the parking lot of a local church. I'm adding this to the review because the BBQ shack has wheels. It's been in three different locations over a four year span. If you can't find it at this address, then look on faceback. She keeps the address current.

Angela is the reason to visit, but it's fun to sit at their new picnic table in the open air and eat lunch. The brisket was nicely done. It pulls apart with a slight bit of resistance like it should. The sausage link had a nice crisp shell with great flavoring. The fresh onions were a nice accent to the tangy bbq sauce.

Frankly, the food could have been bad (it wasn't), and I still would have loved my visit. I really enjoyed myself talking with Angela and sitting outside on a beautiful day.

3  Thank CraftBeers
Reviewed 27 July 2016

These folks are wonderful, friendly people and they cook some of the best "BBQ" around. This is a very nice addition to the local fares offered in the area.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

VERY GOOD BBQ! Get the brisket! Generous portions, friendly people! We also tried the smoked boudoir, very good! Used the left over boudoir in omelets the next morning, YUM!