Holiday Inn Express Conroe(Conroe)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
US$ 101
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 121/night.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe(Conroe)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 122/night.

US$ 113
US$ 146
US$ 111
Homewood
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 123/night.

Comfort Inn(Conroe)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
ComfortInn
US$ 92
US$ 84
Priceline
Scottish Inn & Suites(Conroe)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I have stayed at a lot of Super 8 hotels in my time. This one was not well maintained. Hair dryer did not work, phone had no dial tone. Another in our party had unwanted guests (bed bugs). Would not recommend.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I have stayed in many, man "road side" hotel/motels throughout the United States, as well as foreign hotels and nicer hotels in the U.S. However, I've never experienced an issue at a hotel that infuriated me as much as with this one.

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in order to attend a wedding nearby. Booking was easy enough, I booked directly with Super8 with an AAA discount and had no problems. The problems began upon arrival.

First, I'll mention how creepy it was that there were almost no guests at this hotel. At bed time, there were no more than 10 cars in both the front and back lots combined. Second, the location is in a "sketchy" part of Conroe. Convenient to I-45 and Hwy 105, but I should have looked more closely at reviews and asked around for people familiar with the area. No issues with the sketchiness, but the potential is there. Just be careful.

Third, and the BIG issue for me to mention today is this: When we arrived at our room, we discovered that the room's door would not latch. It would not lock when we left the room. The person on duty came over and "demonstrated" how to lift up hard on the door to get the latch to align with the strike plate in the door. Well, that's pretty ghetto. I immediately worried about what this would mean in terms of the security of our room when we were not there. This feared issue came to pass.

When we left for the wedding, I did the "lift the door handle really hard" to get it to latch thing. Then, I immediately worried that housekeeping would not do this process and our room would be left unsecured. I went directly to the person on duty and explained this concern, multiple times, explaining in technical terms why the door would not lock (latch not aligned with strike). He assured me emphatically that there would be no problem.

We came back about 10 hours later to find, as I feared, that our room HAD BEEN LEFT UNLOCKED ALL DAY LONG. That's right, all you had to do was lightly push the door and it opened on its own, with no key. Since we were on the first floor no more than 10 feet from an exit door, this was especially worrisome. We investigated our belongings, and thankfully, found that nothing was stolen.

Then, I went ANGRILY to tell the guy at the desk. He came, "tested" the door and "lifted" it to get it to latch, as we had been shown, but I explained that in fact the door had been UNLOCKED ALL DAY LONG.... His only response was "I'm sorry sir." That is unacceptable. What should have happened is one of two things 1) the manager should have personally checked our door moments after housekeeping was done and/or 2) we should have been moved to a non-faulty room immediately when the issue was discovered the first night. The facility was practically vacant, anyway. Why could we not get a room with a working door lock?

The Good:
-okay price
-availability
-close to highway
-free WiFi
-free coffee and minimal breakfast items (bread)

The Bad:
-sketchy neighborhood
-incompetent management, dismissive of a MAJOR issue
-killed 3 roaches in our room
-when checking out, rather than speak with the manager, I just left, because the manager was in the midst of an argument with another guest about their room price (and in that case, as well, the guest was clearly right and the manager was incompetent)
-AND OUR ROOM WAS LEFT UNLOCKED AND UNSECURED FOR 10 HOURS IN OUR ABSENCE, EVEN AFTER EXPLAINING TO MANAGEMENT THAT THE DOOR LOCK WAS NOT WORKING RIGHT AND BEING ASSURED THAT HE WOULD HANDLE IT.

What do I want? I want to be comp'd for one or both nights at this hotel. What will happen? Probably nothing. So, for that, this seasoned Tripadvisor reviewer says never, ever go to this hotel and warm others against it. Wyndham hotels corporate will also be hearing from me.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Super_Trip8, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Conroe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns with our facility. I understand how upsetting this situation to you, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated.
We assure you this kind of incident is not the way we conduct business. Our goal is to provide a level of service that requires diligent attention to detail and is a matter of constant reinforcement of our hotel.
We look forward to having you as a guest with our property in the future. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact me personally for your next reservation at our hotel Super 8, we will take of you.

Thank you.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Lets just say that at $90a night I expected a lot better experience. The window was busted and large prices glass werebbeing held up with clear tape. Bathroom door was broken. If you went in and shut the door you had to wait for someone to come rescue you. Hair dryer was broken and missing a peice. Breakfast was a huge joke cosistion of basic cereal and waffles. Air conditioner was malfunctioning (In southeast Texas that's a huge NO-NO) Room had an odor and was told they did not have air freshener. There were two of us and only one towel so had to ask for more. Manager did not seem to care about the state of the room and stated he was aware of the issues. Also there was no one present to check us out. WORST hotel ever

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super_Trip8, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Conroe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns with our property. I understand how upsetting this situation to you, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I have discussed this situation with my housekeeping staff to make sure its not gonna happen next time.

Thank you.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

The room was nice and clean. The only thing I would have liked was that the breakfast would have been a little more than what they had available.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2016

checkin at 5:30 pm manager (Mike B.) was very rude when I arrived askd my name and in front of customer loud told me my reservation was cancelled cause my card didn't go thru ..when I pacificalty said im paying cash.right away demanding he wants a credit card even tho im paying cash n a card is on file...gave him another card...he just very rude man...needs to learn sum friendly customer service.gives me a room on second floor (no elevator) only had to climb like 15 stairs...get to room and room smells soo strong from bleach and room is soo hot n soo we turn on ac (ac don't work)digits on ac go from 0 to 8 its not working we leave to go have dinner gone about hour come back still very hot try to call front desk n phone don't work had to disconnect wire n plug on different plug call and manager comes and looks at ac n says its working but its not...whole night we sweated in that room....was horriable stay..in morning when I went to restroom I almost fell do to toilet seat being too small n it slipped when I sat down..go to breakfast n it was soo hot in there where you eat breakfast (soo tiny area) go to check out and lady didn't know how to give me receipt(new employee) soo I left and after I get home 6 hour drive I realize I forgot my stud earrings on night stand and I calld to report if housekeeping turned them in.guy said call back manager not in. soo I calld back and manager (mike) answers and I told him and he tells me (not to say that) im like excuse me? he says again (don't say that) I said im telling you I left my earrings there and your telling me not to say that!!!!!!!! this man is horriable n rude...I hung up on him...and decided I need to let people know wat they will be dealing with if they stay there....I was in room #222 10/15/2016 will never stay there again...

Room Tip: make sure ac works ...main thing with this hot weather this day it was 90 degees very hot
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing our Super 8 for your recent visit. We appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. Regarding your concern about credit card issue. Upon further research our records indicate that your credit was declined and our reservation is guaranteed with a valid credit card and even you would like to pay cash we still needed a valid credit card in our system for any incidentals.
Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to call. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Super 8