“Beware”

Manor Inn College Station
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a nothing special, D- grade motel. Because it's in a college town, rates vary. I understand that can happen. I pre-booked two nights, Friday and Saturday, recently for a football game. I discovered that, due to work, I wouldn't be able to check in until Saturday morning. I had no issue paying for Friday night and really needed access early Saturday. I called in on Friday and checked in by phone. They were very accommodating, saying a room key would be at the desk for me Saturday morning when I arrived.

Saturday morning I was told my room was released as a no show. I had prepaid nearly $500 for two nights at D-grade motel. The clerk admitted the mistake and said she'd attempt to get me a room for the night (sold out). Late Saturday night they came through, assuring me that I would be charged for only one night.

Now, it appears those promises were never made. I was charged for two nights, but was only given access for one. No credit will be forthcoming. I have two in college in that town, soon to be a third, but I'll be finding somewhere else to stay on all future visits.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank rockhound76

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

For what we paid, this was a very good value. The young lady and young man at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and smelled good. It was quiet and wi-fi worked well. We will stay here again when we visit TAMU.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Manorinnfrontdesk, Front Office Manager at Manor Inn College Station, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stayed one night this weekend. Room was not "terrible" however there were bugs in the bathroom. Upon checkout we were told that if we did not return the keys we would be charged, this was never mentioned during check in. We also left my son's allergy pillow (our fault) and when I tried to speak to the manager this morning she spoke over me, said someone would call back in a couple of days. I asked her to stop giving me a lecture, which she was. I got teared up on the phone as we have been in a stressful situation lately and she replied "Oh God!". I am sure we will not see the pillow again (it is there and clearly different from their pillows) since I asked for the name of the general manager. We won't stay again, there was no need for the very rude behavior of the manager. The hotel may want to consider that people have other options. However they may not care as on football weekends, etc some people are forced to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Manorinnfrontdesk, Front Office Manager at Manor Inn College Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied during your stay with us. However, we do appreciate your feedback, and we will do our best to address this situation. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

This was our second visit to this motel. On the second day, we left the room at 10 a.m. and returned at 2 p.m..We discovered that all our cash which had been in a money belt in the drawer beside the bed had been stolen. All the evidence that we have points to the fact that the theft was committed by one of the motel employees.
We reported the incident to the police. We asked the management to take responsibility for the theft and to compensate us. However, they did not do so. The police informed us that this was not the only case of theft of cash from a room at this motel on that day.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank בני ק
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I normally do not write reviews. However, I always read reviews. My daughter and I went to visit College Station for a soccer game and needed a place to stay. Since we were just staying 1 night, there was no need to spend a lot of money. As soon as I pulled up and got out of my car to check in, the door proudly presents a TripAdvisor sticker. You would think from all the reviews that you might get lucky.
The young lady and the front desk was helping another person at the time, she seemed a little short with him, but after I started to listen I definitely got the idea of why. She was protecting a guest that was staying at the hotel and not giving this man his room number, makes sense to me.
She kindly helped me next and was very pleasant. She told me all the rules and even gave me a direction to the event we were going to.
My daughter and I walked into the room, it was nothing spectacular. Since I read all the reviews on how dirty this hotel was, I was looking out for that the most. The reviews are correct, our room was dirty. The floors seemed to be not vacuumed and you could see stuff on the carpet. When I went to the bathroom, there was dirt and a leaf in there. Later, when we came back to the room. My daughter found a chicken bones under the bed skirt of my bed.
I've stayed a many of places and paid less then I did here. However, I truly believe that a hotel should not have to be dirty.
I didn't take any pictures of the room just because I was going to just let it all go and not write a review, however this morning when I woke up I noticed all the light coming in our room. I noticed the door last night didn't shut completely which is unsafe to me but just made sure it was locked.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

We are sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with the condition of your room. We appreciate your feedback, and will be addressing the issue appropriately. Thank you for staying with us.