“Weekend getaway”

Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Livingston, Texas
“Weekend getaway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Weekend getaway. Room was clean, Quiet hotel, nice breakfast. Motel was convient to all attractions. Great rate. Would stay again. Motel had been recently renovated. Shopping and resraunts are close. Neighborhood is nice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hewitt, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I made a last-minute reservation through Priceline and stayed at the Manor Inn in College Station. What a nice surprise! For a really great price, we found a newly renovated motel, close to A&M University and shopping centers, in a safe location, with everything we needed for a good night's stay.

My first contact with the Manor Inn was actually by telephone, and the front-desk staffer could not have been more helpful. She answered my questions with honest answers; and she established a trust right then and there with me, the customer.

After we checked in at the motel and needed to know on what channel a certain TV station was located, the staffer went out of her way to contact the manager to answer my question.

We had two double beds in our room, a big flat screen TV, a large desk, a nice desk chair, dressers/tables/luggage rack, refrigerator, and microwave. The place was clean as could be.

The shower and bathtub were large with a nice sink and dressing counter in a separate area. The mirror was large enough that my husband could shave and I could put on my make-up at the same time.

We ate a nice free breakfast that had a good variety of choices including name-brand cereals instead of the cheaper and less nutritious varieties used in other motels.

Even though the motel rooms at the Manor Inn are accessed from the outside sidewalk, we felt safe because The Kettle (open 24-hours a day) is right next door to the motel. Before we went to bed that night, we saw several policemen stop in at the restaurant to get fresh coffee; and that made us feel quite secure.

Both check-in and check-out were flawless, and there were no problems with pricing issues.

We will definitely try to stay at the Manor Inn again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DonnaGarner222
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

The room was modern, comfortable and very clean. A lot more impressive than I expected from an independent property. The place had exceptional service and their free breakfast was a pleasant bonus. The staff was very helpful and courteous, and we left with an enjoyable stay. Definitely coming back next time in town.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Adriane R
Canyon, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

I came to College Station to help my sister move apartments and for a small mini-vacation. Upon arrival I walked into the lobby and was immediately greeted by the receptionist. She was so sweet and professional! While I was being checked in to my room one of the managers came in and was as equally welcoming, and treated me as a friend and a guest. I went to my room slightly skeptical of staying in an exterior room, but when I walked in I was amazed. The king bed was so comfortable and the sheets and pillows were crisp and clean. The bathroom was clean and the mirrors were spotless. The showers had granite as well as the counter tops. They even had a microwave and refrigerator. Due to past reviews I wondered why anyone would give this place a bad review. The rate I got was half of what I would get anywhere else for 2 weeks. Over the next couple of days I was able to meet the housekeepers and the other manager. Everyone was so attentive to my needs and so personable. Breakfast in the morning was exactly what I needed. Texas-shaped waffles, biscuits and gravy, muffins, cereals,... Although my next to last day I slept in too late for breakfast, but thankfully the hotel is right next to the Kettle, so I ate there. The hotel was on the main street through College Station which is convenient to get to Texas A&M. A grocery store is right across the street as well as a CVS and several restaurants, my favorite being Shipley's doughnuts! I had a great trip and got my sister moved in. When I visit her, I will stay at Manor Inn again!

Room Tip: Just ask the front staff. If you need a bottom floor room, book ahead and call ahead. Weekends are b...