All reviews waffles stayed here nice hotel better than average nice stay university drive in town high school desk clerk exercise room the staff was friendly and helpful walking distance would definitely stay here again beds were comfortable pillows students microwave
Reviewed 10 October 2016

We stayed at this Comfort Suites for the TN/Tx A & M game. We weren't surprised at the cost. We were very disappointed in the poor shape of the room. The couch cushion was torn so bad the insides were coming out. It looked that they got the couch from the front porch of a frat house. The desk chair was torn as well and the stuffing exposed. The rest of the furniture was scratched and damaged. We pay about $350 a night for a room in Time Square! Comfort Suites should be embarrassed! The breakfast was mediocre at best.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank csb808
Teresita S, Manager at Comfort Suites University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Teresita Sanchez
Comfort Suites
9792655500 100

Reviewed 21 June 2016

: Upon our arrival we were checked in early which was nice. We went up to our room on the 3rd floor and noticed it was extremely warm although the temp on the ac was set to 68. Upon looking at the unit it was realized it was not cooling as the mattress from the second bed in the room was almost up against the vents and unable to be moved as this is where the bed was positioned. The curtain by the unit was touching the side of the bed and was covered in mold. We called the front desk as we had somewhere to be in 30 minutes upon our arrival. They sent maintenance up to the room. He verified it was really cool by the unit but once you walked a foot or so away it was very warm by the second bed, couch area and bathroom. We were given another room shortly after on the second floor but as we had somewhere to be we simply dropped our stuff and left. We returned late that evening around 10pm, showered and were ready to relax as we had another long day ahead of us the next day. This is when we noticed several things about our room that were very displeasing to us. First the carpet doesn’t go all the way to the wall in areas and we noticed ants on the desk area. We needed an extra pillow and went down to the desk to get one. We were given two pillows and two cases, once back in room I went to place the pillow case on the pillow we noticed blood on the pillow case. We took it downstairs and were given a new case. Finally around midnight we are crawling in bed and as I roll over I notice something all over the half wall between the bed and the couch. So I get up and turn the light on to find what is apparent to be throw up all down the wall and on the floor between the bed and the wall. At this point I am in tears and so upset that I go downstairs and ask for a towel and cleaner to clean the wall as there is no way I am sleeping next to this. The gentleman at the desk gave me a spray bottle and a wash cloth and said I could speak to the manager in the morning as the entire hotel was booked. I went back up to my room and cleaned what I could myself and called numerous hotels as we were not wanting to stay here any longer after this finding even though it was midnight at this point. All hotels were sold out due to numerous functions going on in and around town. I woke around 9am and called to the front desk and was told there was no manager on site that day, although I was told the night before there would be. I went down to the front desk – in tears at this point and spoke with a young lady about all the problems and she was very apologetic and helpful. The cleaning lady at the other end of the desk during our conversation just glared at me with an uncaring expression. I wish I could remember the the ladies name that assisted me that next morning as she was the only think good about our experience at this hotel. She contacted her manager and was able to comp our stay for the evening before as well as allow us to leave the property without having to pay for the second evening we had booked. We then moved to a hotel not five minutes down the road and the experience was nothing like the one of the Comfort Suites.
We have Choice Rewards but after this experience we are unsure if we will ever use this hotel chain again. I have worked in the hotel business previously and what we encountered here was appalling to say the least.

One other thing… when we returned to get our items packed and leave that Saturday morning due to the problems we overheard a gentleman at the front desk speaking with the same lady I had earlier spoken with and he was telling her that - - as he was trying to sleep his ac was not working well and when he removed the covers as it was hot he felt something poking him so he removed the sheets and the mattress cover to see what it was, only to find a safety pin poking him through his bedding. He told them he ended up sleeping in his truck as he was also told there were no rooms to move him to.
This is horrible and I pray someone does something to correct these issues. This hotel should be shut down.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank shaunnadee
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

If what you need is a clean, comfortable place to rest your head, stop here. Friendly, attentive staff as you check in. And, I even checked in early. Beyond that, spacious rooms with great accommodations for families of three or four.

Location: you are walking distance from a multitude of restaurants, including: burgers, TexMex, sandwich-deli, Asian, bistro, seafood, and many others. If you go hungry, it's your fault! :-)

Attractions: if you feel like a walk, you aren't far at all from the Texas A&M University campus. That means: walking distance to Bonfire Memorial, the Century Tree, the Academic Building, Rudder Plaza, and Kyle Field. Yes, it will be a trek, but a trek most rewarded for Aggies and their loved ones.

I hope you enjoy the walk and I hope you love the stay at the Comfort Suites on University Drive!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Chace_Murphy
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Hotel is set back off of University Avenue with a long drive way. Could be easy to miss unless you are really looking but on the plus side you don't have very much road noise. Room was very comfortable, WiFi worked great and good selection for TV channels.

My only complaint can't be held against the hotel as there were several groups of high school students that stayed the same night I did. Thank goodness they must have had a curfew as the slamming doors and the loud conversations right out side my door ended about 9 pm. Breakfast was pretty crowded with students so I skipped it.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Teresita S, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We try to encourage each group that stays to acknowledge that we are at a Hotel where some of us do want to rest, but each individual group pursues it differently. We hope to see you again soon!

Teresita Sanchez
Comfort Suites
9792655500 100

Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

Check in was easy with Tammy. She was full of courtesy and smiles. I think she really was glad I was there! The room was very spacious. The bed was too soft for me but that is just personal preference. The air worked wonderful. The bathroom was nice size with a medium tube. The room (219) is a king bed with a pullout couch. The breakfast is a full menu with eggs, bacon, hash browns, waffles, breads, yogurts and more.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business