“Try the duck!”

Luigi's Patio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Luigi's Patio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 280 Restaurants in College Station
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rock Prarie
Reviewed 6 July 2010

It took me three visits to Luigi's before I found something I liked. I know that a restaurant is supposed to universally good and grab your interested from the first visit. But I will say that on my third visit I finally understood what people saw in this restaurant.

On my first and second visits I ordered the pasta Bolognese and the eggplant dish. I didn't like either. The pasta seemed overpriced and like something I could make at home. The eggplant was stringy and not properly cooked. On my third visit I tried the duck. And I'll never order anything else here again. It was tender and cooked perfectly. It was served with two excellent sauces that complimented it. The attentive server recommended a wonderful local wine that capped off a wonderful dinner. Everything was finished with a tiramisu that I'm embarassed to say is as good as my own.

I'll definitely be going back when I've got family in town or am celebrating a special occasion.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Luigi's Patio Ristorante

Reviewed 22 April 2010

I went to Luigi's for a formal dinner several months ago. I loved the atmosphere but the food and service was so terrible that I would NEVER go back. Our waitress wasn't attentive at all because she knew that there would be automatic gratuity since we were a party of 7. She asked each of us what type of salad we wanted without telling us that it wasn't included with our meal. We were shocked when we got our bills and saw the 8 dollar salads. My boyfriend got lasagna which was good but a very small portion. Our waitress also suggested that we get the steak because it was "the best thing on the menu" (the most expensive thing too - guess she really wanted to increase that automatic gratuity). The steak was very fatty and covered in some sort of sauce/topping that was disgusting. It was by far the WORST food I have ever had at a restaurant!

2  Thank jenhfctiytr
Reviewed 9 March 2010

We first decided to try Luigi's because they were kind enough to send us a "Welcome to the neighborhood" gift card for $20. Even with the discount, we thought it was expensive, especially since they can't even throw in a small dinner salad with the entree. Although the food was good (not great), the service on that visit could best be described as "confused". It was also slow. However, we joined the birthday and anniversary club and went to give it another chance with a $10 coupon for that. The service was better the second time, the food was still good, but the total bill was over $90 for 2 salads, 2 entrees and wine (and that was AFTER the $10 discount!) We will stick to Caffe Capri from now on. The food is just as good (if not better), portions are large, salads are included, and the prices are much lower. Luigi's is certainly good, but definitely not worth the money.

Reviewed 2 February 2010

One word to describe this place would be awesome. When you walk in you feel like you stepped into another city all together. The food is just perfect. I went with all of my girlfriends and had a wonderful time. The owner's son was our water and helped explain all the food and recommended very tasty dishes.

Reviewed 22 August 2009

I've lived in College Station for the past 4 years and I cannot express how happy I am that someone in this town finally opened an authentic Italian restaurant. I went on a Friday night with my husband and four firends, and as soon as we steped in we felt as being in a beautiful little italian town. The food was excellent, the drinks nice and strong, the service outstanding, and I can't even tell you how amazing the live jazz was.
From a one to ten, i give this restaurant a 12. I congratulate the owner and thank him for offering College Station such a beautiful place!

1  Thank travelerlover07