“Disappointing Dinner”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Major Neighbors at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines
Reserve with OpenTable
Major Neighbors at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Cedar Creek
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Grill
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 71
Description: Round out your championship golf experience at our clubhouse, Major Neighbor's Grill. Perfectly situated to give guests prime views of the resort grounds, this comfortable restaurant serves up lunch and drinks daily in a casual setting. Relax with a burger and beer at the bar after another successful day on the links. While there, be sure to take a look at the photo of our namesake's "Peace Jacket" on display in the restaurant. Major Neighbors was a noted Indian Agent who helped promote peace among settlers and Native Americans during the 1800's. He was never without his "Peace Jacket", which became a symbol of all he stood for, and is an important part of our state's history.
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Staff and the food we had was good. We also really appreciated that Major Neighbors was off the main dining area so the dining was a little more quiet. The disappointment was in the menu. We were looking forward to enjoying the dinner menu posted online but found that it was not available. The actual food we ate would be rated a 4, but I give 3 stars because we were expecting a different menu.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

A colleague and I chose this spot in hopes to avoid all of the noise from kids running around the resort (we were there for a conference). We quite enjoyed the food! I was able to order a half-portion of the Caprese salad and had the Gulf Snapper (served with risotto) as the entrée – delicious! My colleague liked the special he ordered, which was chicken skewers served with three different hummus.

Staff were very welcoming, professional, and attentive. After we got our drinks and served bread, 6 other colleagues came in and wanted to join us. Although this was unexpected, our server was gracious and, with the help of the hostess, put tables together and got us all settled in no time. Really enjoyed my experience, and commend both the chef and staff of this place!

Ashton L, Marketing Coordinator at Major Neighbors at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your meals - and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised with how good everything was, from the service to the food. My wife and I split the Ribeye and a salad. The steak was one of the best I have had and the asparagus was cooked perfect
Wait staff was very attentive but not obtrusive
Highly recommend

Thanks for sharing your wonderful review with folks on TripAdvisor. We thank you for your recommendation - and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

This place needs to be gutted and redesigned. The bar smells like an old TGI Fridays. Picked up some food here while staying at the resort. I guess the hostess was in training because she was working with someone and they did a how bunch of laughing and goofing off. I admit it was slow but...not indicative of a resort.

The person at the bar who took my order was very friendly and she offered me a soft drink while I waited for my order. She brought my order and handed me the check. I guess she assumed that I was going to add it to the room because she disappeared. Had to wait and watch my food get cold until she returned to run my card.

Very surprised of my experience. But the food wasn't bad. I would look for other options in the resort before choosing that one again.

Ashton L, Marketing Coordinator at Major Neighbors at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share about your Major Neighbors experience with fellow travelers. We are grateful for the opportunity to welcome you to our establishment, thank you for stopping by. Your feedback means a great deal to us and we are thankful you let us know about your encounters and we hope to see you around our neck of the woods again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Six of us visited for lunch. Our drinks took 20 minutes to arrive, our food an hour. Some of our food was either cold or burnt. It was like eating in an SNL skit.

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to us and we are grateful that you took the time to share your thoughts and insight. Our goal is to provide each and every diner with a positively memorable stay and we are sorry to know that we neither met nor exceeded your expectations. Our team will thoughtfully consider your feedback as we move forward. We continually monitor our guests’ experience and strive to improve our offerings in an effort to ensure we are providing all with an unmatched level of service and hospitality. Our hope is that you will reconsider returning to our restaurant so we can provide you with a positively unforgettable experience. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.