“Horrible experience”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

My wife and I came to stay, had 2 nights reserved. Upon check in the room we got had a lightbulb missing and the ice bucket was disgusting the phone in the room was broken. We went to the front and asked for a lightbulb and bag for the ice bucket and advised the front desk man about the broken phone so he changed us rooms and even upgraded to the Jacuzzi suite, we were grateful and delighted... Then the nightmare began... We went into the room (we wanted a smoking room) no ash tray, so called front desk to ask for one and he said they don't provide them... The iron and ironing board wasn't in the room so I went to the front desk and asked for one because we were going out and needed to iron. He was very rude to me but got the stuff for me. We started up the jacuzzi tub... Glad we were just testing it because some leafs, or lettuce or whatever it was poured into the tub it was disgusting. We let it go since there was a shower and bathtub in the bathroom and went out. We got back (my wife managed to break her ankle while out) at around 7-8 am. She went to lay down. I look next to the jacuzzi tub and there is a huge ball of hair stuck on the wall disgusting! I opened the refrigerator and grabbed my leftover redbull and what do I see ROACHES crawling!!! I had to run to walgreens to get some medication and stuff for my Wife and she needed toilet paper. When she called the front desk he said she can come get it, she explained to him she had broken her foot and asked if he would bring it to the door at least and he said no. Worst customer service I've EVER encountered!!! We had to get some rest and I couldn't drive any longer so hesitantly we stayed and asked for a late check out which they did give us an hour extra so until 12pm. We get a knock on the door at 10 am asking if we are leaving yet and we explained they gave us the late check-out. We had our bags packed up and were about to head out the door and at 12:02 pm we get another call stating "it's after noon are you leaving yet". Of course we were about to walk out the door. Assisting my wife (no crutches yet so was using the desk chair to roll her body to the car) and the housekeeper ran after us as if we were going to steal the chair... This is the worst, most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in and unfortunately the staff are even more of a shock than the cockroaches. I have many pictures and a Facebook LIVE video of this disgusting hotel. NOT WORTH IT DON'T STAY HERE!!!! I will be notifying choice about this experience. So disappointed!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Wow is this place the pits. I'm sure they did clean my room after the previous quest. There was toothpaste in the sink. Kleenex on the floor. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed. Mildew on the shower curtain.
Old with little upkeep.
I moved after one night.
The place was fairly inexpensive, but you get less than what you pay for.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Arrived at night and there was a group of what looked like homeless people gathered outside. It was a cheap hotel so I didn't worry too much about it. The facility was relatively clean looking, but upon entering the room, my two year old found one half of a discarded pill capsule on the floor. The drain in the tub was slow to empty and the A/C unit couldn't be set to HI COOL. My room was on a southern facing wall in July and LO COOL wasn't cutting it.

On the plus side, the other guests were nice as was the staff. The breakfast consisted of waffles and muffins with orange juice or milk to drink.

I wouldn't recommend for families with small children and I doubt I'll be returning.

Room Tip: Get an odd number room to be on the north side if you're staying in the summer.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

The positive: The man working the night shift is the friendliest and best guy, ever! Having said that...

The mildly annoying: Vending machines don't work. Barely any lighted parking. Unsafe night entry area. Disappointing breakfast. Loud bathroom fan. Non-smoking room was stinky had obviously held smoker guests, in the past. (The room number plaque had a smoking sign that was crossed out in paint pen...) Maid continually left the heater on in JUNE. Recent paint and drywall work was shoddy and the room still had drywall dust everywhere.

The utterly disgusting: See photos. When I first arrived, the bathroom counter had hair on it. Lots of it. It seemed that someone had cleaned out their hairbrush and left the collection on the countertop. Also, it looks like maybe someone trimmed their bangs, as well? Immediately went to tell the really great guy, downstairs, and he offered to change my room - then realized that he couldn't because there weren't any more available. I should've left right then and there, but I didn't. Being that it was really late, I told him that I would deal with it and wipe off the counter with a washcloth if he would just have a conversation with the maid. Stayed two nights. On the third, after having a fun conversation with the gentleman (LJ, maybe? His name was initials) I went into my room and - within 30 seconds - saw THREE roaches. THREE!!! One on the ground by the door, one in the bathroom, and one climbing the wall! I packed, called to reserve a new room, elsewhere, and was checked out in 10 minutes. Again, the night desk man was sincerely apologetic and sympathetic to the situation, but enough is enough. I am now safely, cleanly, and securely writing this review from the Courtyard Marriott who has earned my business for life.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2016

Stayed at this hotel in Feb 2016, The hotel is way too expensive, and the quality of the hotel and the room is not even close to the rate they charge. Everything is tiny, the room, the toilet and the bed isn't that comfortable. I ain't coming back to this Hotel. They Should reduce their prices to $35-$40 a night.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
2.8 km away
7.8 km away
Quality Suites North / Galleria
7 km away
Red Roof Inn & Suites Addison

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK