“Great Italian”

Gennaro's Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Gennaro's Trattoria serves authentic Italian cuisine, originating from Naples, Italy, made from fresh ingredients. Gennaro's Trattoria's motto is "che mangia bene, vive bene" or, "who eats well, lives well." We invite you to enjoy and enrich your life by dining with us.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Food is excellent with good prices. Knot rolls are to die for. Service is good and not noisy. Good atmosphere.

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

I'm glad the food, service, and atmosphere made for a great experience with us. I appreciate your kind words, and we'll see you next time.

Until then,

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We went mid-week at 4pm without a reservation and waited about an hour for a table. Friends of ours had a reservation and still ended up waiting 45 minutes. Once you’re seated the experience improves! The server was helpful and friendly, and the food was great.

They do to-go orders, and we tried to use this service as well and kept getting transferred to an answering machine. That wasn’t helpful at all, and we didn’t place the order.

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Kim, I'm glad your server was friendly and you enjoyed our recipes. We appreciate your patience for the table and reservations often times get backed up due to several factors that may extend party times. Apologies about the to-go service but we only have two lines and they are often in use - I'll look deeper into this for you. I hope you'll make a reservation to come back and see us soon.

Thanks for the review,

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We have a lake house at Canyon Lake and have been coming to this authentic restaurant for years. Our family absolutely loves Gennaros. We always attack (and I am serious about this) the Garlic Knots and homemade bread. The service is excellent and the staff are friendly. The food however, is the best part. The lasagna, Gamberi Portabella, Salmon, and the Sausage Rigantoni are faithful dishes. The desserts are delicious. DO NOT PASS THIS PLACE UP. You will need a reservation as it gets busy, but if you do have to wait, it will be worth it. Keep on doing what you do Gennaros!

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Your kind words hit my family and I deeply, we truly appreciate your commitment to our little family restaurant and we're very happy to see that we can make your family just as happy. We look forward to serving you again soon. Grazie!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I recommend the Salmon Romano Pan-broiled salmon served with a side of sauteed shrimp,
tomato, asparagus, and capers in an EVOO garlic sauce
tossed with cappellini. Salmon cook perfect the flavors were spot on and the bread knots were delicious. Salad was fresh. Excellent for family and groups or a nice dinner for two.

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

The salmon is an excellent recommendation. I'm pleased you enjoyed your meal so much, and I appreciate the review. Whether at a family meal or on a date, I hope to see you soon.

Until then,

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We always show up late without reservations, but since there’s only two of us, we always get seated faster than promised. Nicest restaurant in town. I don’t eat meat but the pasta is great!

The best in town is a wonderful compliment. I'm glad you get seated and get some delicious pasta quickly. See you two next time!

Thanks for the review,